What's new

Steve Martin's Roxanne (1 Viewer)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked ROXANNE up at my local Wal-Mart [Hey, it incudes the widescreen version...!] for a stunning $9.44, but before I opened it, I wanted to check:

Has anyone heard anything about a special edition of this film being released on DVD soon? I absoutely love this movie, but if a better version is coming [as is certainly deserved!], I'll gladly wait for it. I'd love to hear a Martin commentary for what I think is his best film.

Anyone?

Thanks and happy new year,
mattl

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
they had charlies angels for the same price.
sounds like a superbit version isn't to far off.
Personally,
I'd rather have a L.A. Story Special Edition with Martin's commentary and the antisipated lost scenes of John Lithgow

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Steve Martin, I really wish the price of "The Lonely Guy" would drop. It seems as if it can't be purchased for less than $20.00 or so. This should be a $9.99 title, as well.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Matt,

I have not heard anything about a SE for Roxanne. And since this is one I'd definitely buy I'm always keeping my eyes (and ears) open for any rumours.
I'd say it's safe to open it. Enjoy the film.

Chris

nousername

Supporting Actor
I have this DVD. The tranfer quality is good but not great. It's also anamorphic.

I also love this movie. It's my second favorite Steve Martin movie next to Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

I also really loved the town Roxanne was filmed in: Nelson, B.C., Canada. Absolutely gorgeous little town! Even more beautiful in person. If you're ever up in that area, pay it a visit. It's the kind of town I'd like to retire in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks