What's new

Steve Earle's 48th birthday (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Happy birthday to an American treasure and a brilliant songwriter. I'm rolling the double-disc "Ain't Ever Satisfied" collection right now, and plan to go through the rest of the CDs throughout the day. Everybody post your favorite songs and discs here. For me, "Nothing but a Child" is one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm ashamed to say I haven't bought any of his latset albums, but I love the stuff I have. I will go out this weekend and buy his last CD I think, because he's coming to play here next week, and I think I'll go see him.

I've seen him twice before, once in an all-acoustic set, mostly just him, but occasionally he was backed by two other guys. Great concert.

I also saw him play with a band, but that was at a festival, and there was a techno tent next door, so that was rather distracting. He put on a brave face though and performed a solid set.

I think my favorite song of his is "Billy Austin", with "Goodbye" and "Ben McCulloch" as other possible candidates.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in for "Someday".

I thought I was one of only a handful of people to listen to him. I wish he would get more air play on radio. Damn Clear Channel.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Steve plays La Zona Rosa in Austin tonight.
Speaking of Guitar Town, I hope he knows the old Selma City Hall & Jail is about to become a Hooters!

Jim

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Steve played here in Tucson last night. It was a great concert, he played for 2 hours and 15 minutes and performed both a bunch of old songs that I could recognize :) as well as some more recent stuff that I had not heard unfortunately.
The only bad part was that the sound wasn't so great, and the vocals were mixed rather low and it was hard to make out the lyrics (I know he can be somewhat unintelligble as it is, so this didn't help :)). That could have been because of the acoustics in the venue though, I've never been there before so I don't have anything to compare to. Other than that, I had a great time. I got to hear my favorite song "Billy Austin" too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks