What's new

Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues Live DVD (1 Viewer)

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Just received this and it will not read on my Sony DVP-S360 and makes a low pitched whirring sound on my Cambridge Audio DVD300. I checked other DVD's and they all play as before, so I don't believe it to be the players. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with this disc? Thanks

John Herk

Agent
I plan on picking it up later today, if I can find it. I'll let ya know. It's nice to see another Steve Earle fan here.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Count me in as another fan. He's great in concert and is the subject of one of my favorite "drunk idiot at the concert" stories.

I was in the front row at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta a couple of years ago when Steve was playing with the Del McCory (sp?) Band and there was this drunken idiot with a couple of drunk friends who kept talking the whole time and basically pushed their way through the crowd after the show had already started. Anyway, Steve kept giving this guy a death stare (not a pretty sight from Mr. Earle) when he kept talking during the music. The moron was also yelling for Steve to play some song during each break. Steve finally got fed up at one of the breaks and said "Buddy, why don't you either shut the f**k up or get the f**k out!" What was really funny is that this guy gets all insulted and leaves in a huff with the entire crowd applauding loudly.

John Herk

Agent
Anoher verbal gem by Steve.

One night a drunk was bugging him to d a song, I think Copperhead Rod, anyway Steve looks t him and says, "Ya know, if you go and stand back by the bar, there is a good chance you could get even drunker than you are right now. Imagine that"

I still chuckle when I think of that one

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Hurray for Digital Eyes, for sending me a replacement disc. ;)
The new disc plays perfectly. Now if only they would have recorded this concert properly instead of through the camcorders microphone! It also looked to me like Steve fell off the wagon (The cool clammy skin and thousand yard stare), who knows just maybe his style when he sings. I was expecting a lot more energy from Steve, the crowd and a blistering 5.1. Needless to say, I was soon reaching for my CD's of Earle as they sound soooo much better than this DVD. Just my opinion.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks