What's new

Steve Canyon (1958) (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
John, any chance for Terry And The Pirates release ?

If you look up thread a bit, you'll see how much of his health and financial stability John put on the line to get Steve Canyon done. And since his sales have slowed to a crawl, I can't imagine he'd want to do that again. Restoration and release of a TV series is too much for one person.

John Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Ellis
Thanks everyone for your kindness. I had agreed to be involved in a BluRay project to put out a restored Terry & The Pirates TV series recently but the driving force behind it (my longtime friend Bruce Cardozo) died in his sleep! And well before I became aware of his passing all of the related material (digital and film prints) were discarded. Sad but true. I had only agreed to be involved if I didn't have to do everything...I'd still be interested if someone had original film prints of all 18 episodes. Note that the crappy DVDs by Alpha only had the first 16 episodes.

I don't regret anything, and as to the future, never say never. ;)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
John, you’re a better and tougher man than I. I never heard of the Steve Canyon TV series before you started releases. Thanks to you, I found another great series.

Terry and the Pirates would have been another. The fact that you’re willing to be involved is amazing. But I am really sorry to hear about your friend Bruce.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
John, my hope would be that Terry And The Pirates could be restored and released with the assistance of a company like Kino- Lorber or Cult -Flix. Our health is our most important asset, and I wouldn't want to see yours jeopardized over a TV release. Hopefully a sympathetic company could shoulder much of the burden. You are right about the Alpha releases - they are difficult to watch , but you can see that the show is worth watching despite the eye strain caused by Alpha's shoddy production.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Thanks everyone for your kindness. I had agreed to be involved in a BluRay project to put out a restored Terry & The Pirates TV series recently but the driving force behind it (my longtime friend Bruce Cardozo) died in his sleep! And well before I became aware of his passing all of the related material (digital and film prints) were discarded. Sad but true. I had only agreed to be involved if I didn't have to do everything...I'd still be interested if someone had original film prints of all 18 episodes. Note that the crappy DVDs by Alpha only had the first 16 episodes.

I don't regret anything, and as to the future, never say never. ;)
Discarded? Thrown away? Didn’t they at least hear of ebay? I’m shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks