What's new

Steve Canyon (1958) (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
We have a new update at last. And if it is indeed true that John has been going through some serious health issues the last few months, then my feelings about a certain individual who never posts in a thread other than this one stand vindicated.

Happy Memorial Day weekend…And Other Stuff
Posted: 24 May 2015 01:11 PM PDT

So…I've been really sick since the last post but starting to feel decent enough to communicate…here's Johann Mitchell's post today on her blog that will answer some questions concerning V3 (all is well…read Johann's post)…I'm working on my own update here (LONG overdue, watch for it …and the contest is still on, just delayed )…Happy Memorial Day weekend to those who remember.
Lost Arts: The End Is in Sight for Steve Canyon!
On her blog LOST ARTS this morning, Johann Mitchell shared a few choice words about Steve Canyon, Volume 3, and me, and just what the heck has been going on…in no particular order:

http://jam2day.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-end-is-in-sight-for-steve-canyon.html

Pauli Bradford

Stunt Coordinator
Jack P said:
We have a new update at last. And if it is indeed true that John has been going through some serious health issues the last few months, then my feelings about a certain individual who never posts in a thread other than this one stand vindicated.

Happy Memorial Day weekend…And Other Stuff
Posted: 24 May 2015 01:11 PM PDT

So…I've been really sick since the last post but starting to feel decent enough to communicate…here's Johann Mitchell's post today on her blog that will answer some questions concerning V3 (all is well…read Johann's post)…I'm working on my own update here (LONG overdue, watch for it …and the contest is still on, just delayed )…Happy Memorial Day weekend to those who remember.
Lost Arts: The End Is in Sight for Steve Canyon!
On her blog LOST ARTS this morning, Johann Mitchell shared a few choice words about Steve Canyon, Volume 3, and me, and just what the heck has been going on…in no particular order:

http://jam2day.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-end-is-in-sight-for-steve-canyon.html
This guy's had health issues for years, so he says. Whatever...After 5 or 6 years, I want a refund, not the dvd.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding health issues.

However, a project of this size shouldn't have been taken on by a single person for such unforeseen possibilities do happen in life.

I can't think of a single official DVD project ever of this size (30+ episodes) including work and extras done by just one person. Can any of you? The extras and commentary alone are impressive.

Sure, perhaps John could have handled the communication with folks better, or how he has non-handled the handful of folks that may want a refund due to the half a decade long delay for the final volume, but that's for him to address or not address. But does seem to me those people are in the minority.

Personally, I expect at least one more delay before it finally comes out.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Not a DVD but the similar situation of the one-man operation. A book, Vol. 3 of REPUBLIC CONFIDENTIAL: The Movies, by Jack Mathis was almost completed when he died.

His family, apparently, didn't have the interest or the means to complete the book and turned all his material over to Brigham Young University. That was around ten years ago, and no well-heeled Republic fan, or media book publisher has stepped up to finish the book.

John Ellis, if you are reading this, I am glad you are getting better. Stay well and get strong. STEVE CANYON is only a TV show.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Bob Gu said:
Not a DVD but the similar situation of the one-man operation. A book, Vol. 3 of REPUBLIC CONFIDENTIAL: The Movies, by Jack Mathis was almost completed when he died.

His family, apparently, didn't have the interest or the means to complete the book and turned all his material over to Brigham Young University. That was around ten years ago, and no well-heeled Republic fan, or media book publisher has stepped up to finish the book.

John Ellis, if you are reading this, I am glad you are getting better. Stay well and get strong. STEVE CANYON is only a TV show.
Bob that's right . His health is the main thing . Since Mr. Ellis seems to be very dedicated to STEVE CANYON and Milt Caniff in general, I'd bet that once he feels up to it he 'll be anxious to get back to the preservation of CS and TERRY AND THE PIRATES as well. Let's hope he succeeds - we all benefit .

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I am glad we finally got an update. I am sorry he is going through some medical issues. I thought he was on the mend the last I heard and was feeling the best he had in years. I wonder when he relapsed? Johann mentioned he had a long spell without electricity. Not the first time yet he did use a generator for a while so a bit puzzled about that? But I have to agree that we will see at least one more delay before release.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
IT'S ALIVE!!! :)

I received a email from John today but had nothing related to Steve Canyon in it. Was a link to something related to one of my distant Huffstutler family members but at least he is back online and maybe we will get an update soon?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Still no official word? No promised regular updates? I have only seen a recent post on his personal FB site making light that he was "not there" but working on Vol III. Has anyone else seen any posts?

Pauli Bradford

Stunt Coordinator
This guy is playing you for suckers. And most of you fell for it. I've been asking him for a refund for over 2 years with not one response. Now he mocks us on his FB page. Excuse after excuse eventually turn into lies. And he is a liar.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Jack P said:
Cue another chords of "Cry Me A River"........
You'll be singing it if John Ellis were to kick the bucket and the completion of SC were to end up like an unfinished symphony!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Pauli Bradford said:
This guy is playing you for suckers. And most of you fell for it. I've been asking him for a refund for over 2 years with not one response. Now he mocks us on his FB page. Excuse after excuse eventually turn into lies. And he is a liar.

Please keep it much calmer than this.

No need for it and everyone is thought to be able to draw his/her own conclusions.

Cees

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
There have been a couple of new posts recently on the Steve Canyon Facebook page.

This from July 19: Big exciting news coming this week...stand by for action!

And from earlier today: The new post is coming later today or early tomorrow…big happy news! Seriously! So stay tuned!

Let the speculation begin!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Jim Pattison said:
There have been a couple of new posts recently on the Steve Canyon Facebook page.

This from July 19: Big exciting news coming this week...stand by for action!

And from earlier today: The new post is coming later today or early tomorrow…big happy news! Seriously! So stay tuned!

Let the speculation begin!
With a grain of salt. (sigh)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
You never know if maybe this time we are close. As I've said before the nice thing is if we get it, then its like getting a freebie and I don't have to worry about fitting it into the budget! (which I've had to turn off for all other things).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That is very good news to hear and as someone who has to endure the problems of stress in life due to other things, I feel a lot for what I know John has had to go through. And I think it's absolutely shameful that for too long we've had to see people treat his effort with more hostility than they *ever* show toward certain professional labels that didn't keep their word regarding titles they were planning to do, or who released them in substandard quality, and who tried to spread the falsehood that John was somehow hoarding all these pre-orders to steal from us.

Obviously John has gone through a lot more than the cost of the pre-orders of V3 to try to get this show released to us that had this been controlled by a major studio they would NEVER have bothered with. We all owe him our thanks for what he's done for this and those who have used this forum solely as a place to promote private grievances and impugn his character have nothing but my total contempt.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
New update. They are ready to ship!

http://stevecanyondvd.blogspot.com/2015/07/theyre-here-part-3.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteveCanyonOnDvd+%28Steve+Canyon+On+DVD%29

And we even have visual proof.

box-v3-web.jpg

Political comment removed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks