What's new

Stern may start early (like a year early) (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
it would be in everyone's best interest, except the people who arent ready to dump money into sat. radio.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

Dump is the wrong word. Invest is a better one because there are certainly many rewards with satelite radio.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
David, your right, my terminology may be wrong to a few people, but in all fairness, a lot of people thoght they were gonna have a year to prepare and spend the money later on, and possibly have more options to the Sirius service so right now these people are pretty much only doing it for Stern. So, they may feel like the word dump is right.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I just want to be the first to crap on this thread.

1) Stern sucks, he's old, no longer relevant.
2) Opie and Anthony are funnier.
3) Sirius isn't going to generate enough subscribers from this deal.
4) Sirius Radio is terrible for music fans, the playlists are too short and don't go 'deep' enough.

In all seriousness, the sooner Stern goes to satellite the better. The political climate is way too stifling. My local ABC affiliate won't be showing 'Saving Private Ryan' tonite, despite the fact that it aired in 2001 and 2002. Howard's "Best Of" classic shows that have aired for a decade have now been butchered to adhere to the latest perceived standards.

I'd like to see all of the exclusive, controversial talent to move to satellite so that the beginning of the official death of OTA is begun.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Michael,

Well said on those four points.

You an experienced Sirius listener? :D

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
In short, I agree.
Political commentary deleted by moderator. Do not repost.
Sorry moderators, guess its time I read the forum rules. :)

William Laughner

Stunt Coordinator
Love the post Michael, that made me laugh out loud.

I am more than ready for Stern to start on Sirius. I have canceled all my XM radios except my new SkiFi2 and I now have the Blaupunkt America SR04 (I love the looks of it but it did need a little modification for mounting and a glare filter on the screen) in my car and the Audiovox PNP3 at my computer.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
There is nothing funnier on this planet than any Beetlejuice bit...dude's a goldmine and Stern continues to be one of the best entertainers around. I lucked out and got a Sirius in my new car even before Stern announced the move. Once he moves, I'll activate the subscription.

And I refuse to listen to anyone named "Opie".

Bryan_O

Agent

Definately, your loss.

I almost forgot how entertaining current, topical, creative radio can be, until Opie and Anthony came back online last month. I certainly haven't heard anything creative from Howard in years.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I also echo the words, "Your Loss."

Opie and Anthony are far more edgier,
talented and funnier than Stern.

I sincerely urge you to give them a
listen for one month. Sounds like a
great gamble for $2.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
*laugh* I'll be the one voice of reason in the O&A and Stern commentary.

Seriously, I could care less for either. If XM were to announce tomorrow that Dr. Laura would be exclusive to XM, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

As it sits right now, I'm very happy with the content of SIRIUS, and find the mix to be about what I want :)

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
"I certainly haven't heard anything creative from Howard in years."

Amputee Beauty Pagent? World's Largest Hemmoroid Contest? And that's just in the last month...

quack, quack, quack, quack

Shawn C

Screenwriter
They did that?! Too bad it wasn't a year ago. I would have have won easily. Well, until it burst.... :angry:

Anyways.....

I think Howard unleashed could do a pretty good show, until the FCC decides to regulate satellite radio.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Just wanted to add my comments: Love Stern, hate Ren and Stimpie...err Opie and Anthony. I listened to them for a few months years back. Maybe I'm just old (28), or I've been listening to Stern for too long (since I was 16), but O&A didn't do anything for me. Too....immature, I guess. No laughs from them. Stern, on the other hand, is the opposite. Stern can be boring, but he can be funny as well. And really, I admit I just like listening to the guy talk. Weird.

Will I pay $12 for Sirius? Unlikely. I don't listen to him that much. I'm still mostly on AM listening to regular talk radio.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, suddenly tonight I realized who O&A are.. are these the same morons who did the sex scene.. in a catholic church?

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Chris: Yes.

And to each their own. We can all claim we like whichever personality, and explain why we like them, but it's really up to each individual to give them a listen and decide if they find them amusing. At least with Stern people can still do that (for free), though I agree, he does spend a lot of time bitching about the FCC these days. Hopefully when he goes to Sirius he can return to his glory days.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
"I think Howard unleashed could do a pretty good show, until the FCC decides to regulate satellite radio. "

That would require a whole new look at the mandate of the FCC - they'd have to also be given the power to regulate cable TV and any other pay service. I doubt that would happen with the power of the media lobby. But with the maniacs in power packing the court with religious nuts, you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks