What's new

Stereophile Test CD's (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
yes, the freq. sweeps are great for setting up the sub crossover/phase settings for music listening...

The music selection is pretty good and the booklets they come with actually describe what you should be listening for. Very educational and informative. I actually purchased these discs while I was shopping for speakers a while ago...

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I second the recommendation. The frequency sweeps are very useful for drawing your own response curves that are room specific.

The music is VERY well recorded, clean and Keith is right...if you read the manual you will know what to listen for and find out if your system is reproducing things the way it was intended.

Very useful disks indeed.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
are you going to buy all 3 test cd's?
you guys recommend buying all 3?

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
I was planning on getting all three. $24.95 seems cheap for the 3 discs.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I only have one (Test disk 3). I don't think you need all three, I would think it would get redundant after just one, but if you get a economies of scale savings by purchasing all three, why not?

Keith M.

Second Unit
i recommend all three...

Stereophile was pretty good about keeping each discs content unique and useful...

And the price is right!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks