Stereo Preamp with optical input

Ted Kim

Stunt Coordinator
The following preamps all take digital inputs.

B&K PT3
NAD 1600 (think that's the model number, it may be discontinued).

At the high end the
TACT makes a digital room correction EQ that can serve as a preamp.

If you have only digital sources, there are a number of DAC's that have a built in volume control and can double as a preamp. See e.g. Monarchy, pro DACs made by Benchmark, and lots of others which escape me at the moment.

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
Why do you ask? An out-board DAC or a better source component might be better for 2 channel reproduction.

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
Tag McLaren make a high-end stereo preamp that can be optioned with onboard dacs.

Cheers,
Mike

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for this feature because I am crazy about my new Audiotron. I dont trust its analog outssince it is a piece of computer equipment, but since it has an optical out I can avoid them for now. I want to seperate my ht gear and my music gear and I was trying to find some kind of preamp (or receiver) that would do what I am looking for. Thanks for the replies I will check into them. Jason

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
At this point I was looking to see if it was even an option. If it was an option but not in the price range, I am looking at using my receiver's zone 2 operation. So to answer your question I am looking at all the options regardless of price range. I am thinking that I want to spend no more than $3000 for the preamp & amp/integrated amp or whatever I end up with. Jason

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granite11