What's new

Stereo only on "6th Day" (1 Viewer)

John Tuttle

Agent
I have tried changing the audio setup on the DVD to 'Dolby Digital' and to 'Dolby Surround', but I still only get two speakers playing the sound. The Marantz (SR-7200) verifies that by only showing the Left and Right speakers in the display. Why do all other DVDs play with complete surround sound and this one doesn't? This is not a rental and I have tried taking my reciever off the 'auto' feature for the audio. I only get two speaker output on this DVD.
Any suggestoins? Return it?
Thank you,
------------------
Jay
My Ricemobile and Home Theater

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Have you tried going into your DVD players menu and making sure that the Dolby Digital Out option is on and enabled?
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

John Tuttle

Agent
I changed each setting in the audio setup on the DVD player last night and nothing changed the output to 5.1 or anything other than stereo. I have DD enabled, I changed from a fiber patch cord to a coax one, nothing mattered. I will try to find someone with a system to try it on.
Thank you all for your help so far. I played other discs last night and everything works like it should on the others.
------------------
Jay

John Tuttle

Agent
It was a setting in my DVD player. I had it set to Dolby Digital > PCM. That only gave me stereo on Driven when I tried to play it. So I went in and changed it to just Dolby Digital.
I only figured it out when I saw the PCM icon on, on my processor and thought that was odd. Thank you all for your help.
Have a swell day.
------------------
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.