Stereo only on "6th Day"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Tuttle, Sep 20, 2001.

1. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

I have tried changing the audio setup on the DVD to 'Dolby Digital' and to 'Dolby Surround', but I still only get two speakers playing the sound. The Marantz (SR-7200) verifies that by only showing the Left and Right speakers in the display. Why do all other DVDs play with complete surround sound and this one doesn't? This is not a rental and I have tried taking my reciever off the 'auto' feature for the audio. I only get two speaker output on this DVD.
    Any suggestoins? Return it?
    Thank you,
    ------------------
    Jay
    My Ricemobile and Home Theater

2. John GB

John GB Stunt Coordinator

3. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Have you tried going into your DVD players menu and making sure that the Dolby Digital Out option is on and enabled?
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

4. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

I changed each setting in the audio setup on the DVD player last night and nothing changed the output to 5.1 or anything other than stereo. I have DD enabled, I changed from a fiber patch cord to a coax one, nothing mattered. I will try to find someone with a system to try it on.
    Thank you all for your help so far. I played other discs last night and everything works like it should on the others.
    ------------------
    Jay

5. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

It was a setting in my DVD player. I had it set to Dolby Digital > PCM. That only gave me stereo on Driven when I tried to play it. So I went in and changed it to just Dolby Digital.
    I only figured it out when I saw the PCM icon on, on my processor and thought that was odd. Thank you all for your help.
    Have a swell day.
    ------------------
    Jay