stereo mode and prologic mode

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by AndrewKra, Mar 13, 2005.

1. AndrewKra

AndrewKra Agent

i was wondering if it is normal that stereo has so much more bass than prologic has?

2. Jeremy Porter

Jeremy Porter Auditioning

Although I don't know why, I believe this is normal as I have experienced the same difference in bass between stereo and prologic using both of my receivers.

3. John S

John S Producer

Hmm, got a powered subwoofer? I haven't really noticed lately.. I don't use much straight PL any more. PLII and PLIIx , I have not really noticed this.

4. AndrewKra

AndrewKra Agent

Well I think that it is really pro logic II because it outputs to all 5 speakers and the sub. If I remember right pro logic is just the front speakers right? But anyways. Dolby digital sounds about right with the bass, pro logic is too quiet and stereo is way too much bass. see my other post right on this same forum. they are both leading to the same topic really.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

no, pro-logic still includes the rear channels - but it's a mono-signal and bandwidth limited.

for me, i'm pretty comfortable with the bass levels, regardless of sound mode (and my yamaha has a ton of thhem) or source.

does your receiver have different settings for the different sound modes? that's the only thing i can think of. also, have you calibrated your system? that may help...

6. AndrewKra

AndrewKra Agent

well like I said..If you look at my other post. That is what we are talking there. I am havin problems calibrating it.