What's new

Stepping Down (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I wanted to let all of you know that at the end of this month I will be stepping down as an owner of the forum. My position will be

taken over by Kevin Collins who is a good friend of Adam. He will be able to bring a lot to the forum with his connections at Microsoft and his love and understanding of all the hardware and software that makes up home theater.

I will certainly miss everyone around the forum and will be checking in from time to time but my time will be limited.

It has been a real pleasure getting to know you all and I will always be thankful for all posts that you have put in over the years to make HTF what it is.

As one of my favorite characters says:

Be seeing you.

Parker

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Sorry to hear that, Parker. I wish you all the best in whatever your future holds.

I've been around the forum for a very long time, and stuck through some rough transitions, but what always brought me back was the community.

You've done a tremendous job building a fantastic environment where all of us can share our common passion for all things Home Theater.

We'll miss you!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Parker: You were one person I truly enjoyed working with at HTF. Integrity is in such short supply these days, and it seems like a little bit more of it left just now. I wish you the best. JB

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Truly sad to hear this Packy. Wishing you all the best!!!

I've only me Kevin a few times but I was impressed with his deep knowledge and for his passion for both his company and Home Theater in general. I hope his influence as a new owner will bring nothing but positive impacts. Not to demean any of my fellow posters but I can't think of a more intriguing choice from among us to replace you!

I know you threatened above to only stop in occiassionally but I hope you are able to join us more than that now that you have free reign to publically rub elbows with us lowly members of the peanut gallery! =)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What will your droogs, deep in the underbelly of the HTF, do without you? I hate and fear this kind of change. I'm sure Kevin will be great, but you and Ron ran a tight ship for a long time. Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Wow...I come back to the forum and Packy leaves. Coincidence?

In all honesty, Parker, you've been a big help over the past decade and I certainly appreciate it.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Parker, the quality of this forum is a reflection of your integrity (to steal a word from Jack). No other cyberplace has felt as much like home as the HTF.

I wish you every possible success in your journey.

(I hate it sometimes when life happens.)

Kindest Regards,

-Brian

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
We'll miss you Parker. I've been here a long time and it just won't be the same without you here.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Parker,

I wish you the best in your professional and personal endeavors. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Parker,

Thank you -- and Ron -- for creating and growing HTF. You should be proud of the community you have helped develop. Best of luck with whatever the future brings.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

Parker helped me out a lot on the forum and I'll always be grateful.

We've chatted regularly by PM for nearly 10 years and we'll still keep in touch.

With Packy going it really is the end of an era.

Chief, I wish you all the best, so long... and thanks for all the fish.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thanks for all the years of great work, and best of luck in your future endeavors! I'll keep an eye out for you on the boards, don't be too much of a stranger! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can only add my voice to those others who commend Parker (and Ron) for their little contribution to the internet.

I know I've enjoyed my time here because the HTF is a place for civil discourse among people with real names--a vision that not many other forum owners shared.

Parker: Thanks for your efforts and the amount of time you devoted to this place. We'll miss you as an owner and member of the administration team and hope you will be a returning presence as an active member.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good luck with your future endeavors. I'm sure that your touch will be missed around here.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Parker-

I had the privilege of interacting with you first as a member, then a moderator and finally as an owner. Thanks for all you have done for HTF and best wishes for the future. I hope our paths cross again.

I've only me Kevin a few times but I was impressed with his deep knowledge and for his passion for both his company and Home Theater in general. I hope his influence as a new owner will bring nothing but positive impacts. Not to demean any of my fellow posters but I can't think of a more intriguing choice from among us to replace you!

Thanks Sam. Ron and Parker with the help of fantastic moderators over the years defined the "culture" of HTF. I came up through the ranks in that culture and its one of the big reasons I decided to become an owner. That culture won't change. As you mention, Kevin has a deep knowledge and passion for Home Theater. I'm excited to see him bring that passion to Home Theater Forum especially considering the shoes he will be needing to fill . I'm glad that a lot of you have had the opportunity to meet him in person at some of the HTF Events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks