Stephen King's The Stand question....what the....?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Pelham, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Ok, I rented the DVD having never seen it before. I watched side I (The Plague/The Dreams) and enjoyed it a lot. I switched the disc over to watch side II, but I want to make sure I start at the right place. When I start part II it starts with

Gary Sinese performing surgery on some character I've never seen before (who dies) in a location I've never seen with at least 2 additional characters standing around who I've never seen before.

I just thought it would have better continuity than that, and it doesn't seem like I'm starting in the right place. I feel totally lost, is it supposed to be like that?

2. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

Yep. Perfectly fine. It'S jusT is a jump in time...fast forward, showing that they have travelled far and have ammassed a group with them. Good movie too

3. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Ok, thanks Jeff. Now I can get back to watching.

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I think it ends the second episode with them all arriving in Boulder. Episode 3 begins with them having been in Boulder some time and having to accomplish an impromptu appendectomy.

You're watching it right. Episode 2 ends with the decision to make a Stand. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger.