Stephen King's IT - Fullframe ... Keepcase?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Aug 23, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I was just browsing some catalgoue titles at DigitalEyes when I came upon this listing which has me confused...

DVD Features:

Region 1

Keep Case

Full Frame - 1.33

Additional Release Material:

Audio Commentary - 1. Tommy Lee Wallace - Director, Tim Reid - Star, John Ritter - Star, Dennis Christopher - Star, Richard Thomas - Star

Text/Galleries:

Film Highlights

Can anyone confirm the above specs? Video Universe seems to have the same listings.

Why would WB reissue this title in FULLFRAME and can anyone verify that this does indeed come in a plastic amaray keepcase and not a snapper?

[​IMG]

2. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

Not sure about the case, but it was a "Made for TV" movie so it has the 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Hmm, the back of my cover says...

"WIDESCREEN VERSION: PRESENTED IN A "MATTED" WIDESCREEN FORMAT PRESERVING A THEATRICAL EXHIBITION ASPECT RATIO, ENHANCED FOR WIDESCREEN TVS."

4. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Go to this thread for the unfortunate history of Stephen King's IT on DVD. Hopefully, someday there will be a new uncut version that will not be matted for fake widescreen presentation.

5. stephen la

stephen la Stunt Coordinator

yeah the original release was a fake (cropped) widescreen version..I guess they cutt off the top & bottom of the screen so it will look like a movie from the theaters.
    I hate when they do that to tv movies. like the shinging.

also the first dvd release was shorter than the vhs version. does this version put back the missing scenes cut from the first release?

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Wow, thanks for that link. I would've never known...

So now I have to ask -

Is this "new" version that's being sold through both Digital Eyes and Video Universe in which the specs are now clearly defined (FULLFRAME), a corrected version?

Can anyone attest to the correct aspect ratio on this presumably new issue, or to the fact that the disc does vary at all from the standard release addressed in the above link?

Also, I would really like to know if these retailers have the info in their listings straight and if this disc does in fact come in a standard keepcase as opposed to the original snapper that "IT" was initially released in?

Thanks.