What's new

Stephen Furst R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Stephen Furst, who was Dr. Elliot Axelrod on the 1982-88 NBC medical series St. Elsewhere (starting in 1983 with the second season), has passed on @ 63 from diabetes, per TMZ.

To remember, his title credit from St. Elsewhere...

stephenfurststelsewhere.jpg

And his obituary from TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I enjoyed Stephen Furst's turns on "St. Elsewhere" & "Babylon 5", but like Adam I'll always remember him best for his work in the funniest movie ever made (IMO):

Dorfman: "What's my Delta Tau Chi name?"
Bluto: "Dorfman... we've given this a lot of thought. From now on your name is Flounder."
Dorfman: (beat) "Flounder?"

Furst's timing & delivery of that single word is perfection.

R.I.P., Flounder.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
And Vir! (from Babylon 5)

Very sorry to hear this. He always brought a smile to the audience, no matter what he was in.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Another tragedy! I've always liked Furst, and thought that his work as Vir on B5 was one of the standouts of the series. SO sorry to see you leave us so soon Mr. Furst!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
RIP Mr. Furst.

One of the best things about Babylon 5 was his character Vir. He, hands down, had the very best response to Mr. Morden's question "What do you want?"

- Walter.
Yeah, loved that answer and the little wave that was part of it. Even more awesome was when he got what he wanted and got to deliver that little wave.

I enjoyed Stephen Furst in Animal House, Saint Elsewhere, and Babylon 5. RIP Stephen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's really sad how many of the cast of Babylon 5 have passed away early. Furst, Andreas Katsulas, Richard Biggs, Jerry Doyle, Jeff Conaway, Michael O'Hare. Am I missing anyone?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
While not regulars, Robin Sachs who played several roles and Tim Choate who played Zathras, have also departed. Tim Choate was only 49 when he passed. His passing unfortunately recalled the dialog - "Zathras not of this time. You take, Zathras die. You leave, Zathras die. Either way, it is bad for Zathras."

The phrase 'departed' also brings to mind one of the notable guest stars on Babylon 5 who left us in 2013 - Michael Ansara who played Elric in the episode The Geometry of Shadows.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation496
Recent bookmarks