What's new

Stepfather - Horror movie on DVD Please (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Hi
2 years ago I rented this B type horror movie called
The Stepfather, I was pleasently suprised it was a great movie, The Sequel was not too bad either.
Anybody else seen this movie and would like to see a DVD release of it ???
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktopbsmoke.art
" Chicks can not hold there smoke, that's what it is "

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Oh no! I have to respond to one of Ricky's DVD wanted threads! I saw this movie when it first hit video and is still one of my favorite thrillers. I don't care much for the sequels, but I'd love to have the original on DVD!
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

rhett

Supporting Actor
Yeah Ricky, you might want to tone it down a little. You struck gold with your Sandlot petition, and I congratulate you on that, but there is such a thing as over doing it. I understand that you like this movie, and it is a well done horror film, but this board isn't going anywhere, so just give your other requests time to develop before jumping into another request.
"Less is more." :)
[Edited last by rhett on August 03, 2001 at 05:56 PM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
laugh.gif
Rhett.
I am not trying to acomplish a Sandlot Kind of thread for The Stepfather, I was just simply seeing if anyone else likes this movie and would like it on DVD.
I don't think I will ever be able to acomplish a thread like I did for The Sandlot and rhett If I were attempting to try it again it would definately would not be THE STEPFATHER, LIKE ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE WORLD LIKE THIS MOVIE.
laugh.gif

Regards,
Ricky
------------------
" Chicks cannot hold dey smoke, that's what it is "

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Anyother thing Rhett.
If I ever attempt another Sandlot type of thread ( Which will be a long time ) It will have 100 + in the subject.
I do these kind of posts in hope that the studios that own the titles I mention drop by secretly and then think about a DVD release for the title mentioned, It is just a hope but that is why I do these kind of posts.
So when I do more posts like this, it is not meant to be a Sandlot type post, Just a post to help studios remember certain titles.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
This has got to be one of my alltime favorite movies of all time. :) I would love to see a DVD release. My dad bought me the video (previewed from blockbuster) for 20 dollars. It wasn't on the pre-viewed shelf and so he walked over an got it off the rental shelf and said that he wanted to buy it. The guy said no, and my dad said. "twenty bucks"
The guy was like, "step right over here sir."
and went and got it.
I would love to see this on DVD even if it is only given an anamorphic transfer, 2.0 surround, and the trailer. That would be enough for me.
Since the movie is no longer available on VHS I figure that the rights are unknown. Last company that I can think of is Embassy entertainment which is bankrupt or something I think. I will try to figure out who has the rights and help to get this one out. :) I will do anything.
HBO owns the sequel, which is available on VHS so a DVD release is possible I guess, and Trimark owns part 3 I think. So that is also possible. But I want the first one the most. The sequels weren't that good. But part 1 is one of my favorite movies, and I can actually recite all the lines. :)

Will K

Screenwriter
Though largely forgotten by the public, this one is a lost classic and needs to be dusted off in the form of a new DVD. Terry O'Quinn(Milennium) created one of the most terrifyingly nutso killers ever to hit the screen. I'm guessing that since this was once an Embassy title, MGM may now own the rights, but who knows? As mentioned aboved, the sequels are OK, but no cigar.
------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was just wrong and exploitative when the teenage stepdaughter took a shower and they actually showed her naked.
Count me in.
wink.gif

But only the first title. The sequels were beyond bad. Especially the one with Pamela Barnes. Oh, was that bad!
*Ahem* I think it might not be a bad idea for me to clarify the above, lest I be painted a dirty old man. When the movie came out--and when I first saw it--I was about the same age or maybe a little younger than the girl in question was supposed to be. So, my comment came from that viewpoint. :)
[Edited last by Greg_S_H on August 04, 2001 at 11:31 PM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
GREAT NEWS GUYS !!!!!!!!!
I am currently helping a horror movie DVD company called Lucky 13 who distribute slashers like these packed with more features than most hollywood DVD'S, I gave them all the release info, producing and distributing info about The Stepfather movies and lots of unkwon slasher movies.
They said they will look into a DVD release for The Stepfather, I will tell you if there is any luck.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, if MGM owns the rights we can expect a...
full-screen bad transfer
trailer
2.0 surround.
:)
I wouldn't care if that was all, but the movie should be in widescreen. I really hope that Lucky 13 can find the rights. What have they put out so far? I doubt it would cost very much to get the rights. If I recall it wasn't that big in the theaters. :)
"I had my fingers crossed."-Stephanie Maine-The Stepfather

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Robert they have put out 6 0r 7 and will continut to release slashers.
If you follow this link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...718856-6507960
you will see, It is a slasher packed with extras.
I submitted a long list to them, They are currently phoning studios about buying the rights, I put Stepfather at the top of the list.
I will keep you updated.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That is great. :)
What is the list of movies you gave them? One of the ones I enjoyed very much is Final Exam. :) I have a cheap copy from the video store for now though, but I would love to see that movie on DVD sometime. It was really cheesy, but good.
Also, about POPCORN...I got an e-mail from elitedisc.com and they said that it isn't coming out until August 28th, but that is the last street date, for anyone interested. (is has Jill Schoelen in it) :)

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Stepfather is one of my favorite movies and I would love to see it on DVD.
Terry O'Quinn gives an absolutely terrifying performance. Great movie!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Any news? I watched it again a few weeks ago, my poor VHS is so old. I swear the picture quality is really getting worse.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Well, I have contacted them and he replied that some of the list I mentioned will eventually be released.
He said one is already in production or getting close to production, I hope this movie is The Stepfather.
We can hope.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Can you tell me what was on the list.
Like just put it on here. :)
Thanks a lot for the info, I just hope that if they do Stepfather it is in widescreen, but they seem very, VERY, big in the extras department. :)

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
I think the last VHS incarnation of THE STEPFATHER was released by Artisan (back when they were LIVE), so they may have the rights and are sitting on the title for whatever reason, but THE STEPFATHER is one of the best horror films of the 80's (and one of the most critically praised, too. People seem to forget it got excellent reviews) and I would love to see someone put it out.
------------------
Matthew Kiernan

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Robert, if there is enough features LUCKY 13 will take on the DVD if not someone else will. The thing is I am not sure what movie will definately be released, I know one is in production and I hope it is THE STEPFATHER.
I am waiting on a reply from them regarding what movies.
I also added STEPFATHER 2 and some others.
When I remember I will tell you, like wise when I recieve a reply E-mail.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks