Stepfather 2 announced

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Ringwald, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

It's been announced by Buena Vista. Although I don't recall them having the rights, last I saw HBO home video did. Oh well, at least it's coming. I'm hoping it has at least an anamorphic widescreen transfer, and the few deleted scenes seen when it shows on TV.
    No word on the original, and better film yet... or the second sequel, owned by Trimark.
    www.dvdfile.com has the info.

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah the original is the only one I would buy I have a rule about Dead characters coming back as living with no explanation.

3. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

I guess that knife to the chest was only a flesh wound!

4. Robert Ringwald

And that bullet, well, those bullets...
    lol

I really wish the first would get released, but this will do for now... I think...

5. James D

James D Second Unit

Psycho-killers have always had amazing recuperative powers.

6. Robert Ringwald

Well, it showed up today. Surprisingly, it's in Anamorphic Widescreen, the deleted scenes are in fact included. There's also a still gallery, and even a commentary by the director and producer of the movie too. Who would have thought?

Dimension Films appears to have bought the rights, as the logo appears before the movie. There is no trailer included (GRRR), but there's some for other movies (including Halloween: Resurrection) instead.

Very good job Disney, wasn't expecting this at all.

The film quality doesn't appear to be very good, but considering the low budget nature, it's expected. Compared to the deleted scenes, it's a huge difference.

Too bad there's no word on the much superior ORIGINAL film.

7. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

If you have an all-region player you can get the R4 version from Australia. Full frame only though. [​IMG]