What's new

Step By Step Season 2 forthcoming but no official date of release but there is cover art. (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Spotted this news on the TV SHOW ON DVD facebook page as they have a listing for Step by Step Season 2 with cover art, BUT there is no official date of release as of this writing. If I find more about this newest release, will be sure to let everyone kn ow on here.

Cover Arts front and back:

39557803_10156395011361063_5135606178100805632_n.jpg

39538982_10156395011786063_7302475010667446272_n.jpg

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Thanks Trent...more info here...
COMING ON 9/18:

* Step By Step - The Complete 2nd Season (Warner Archive)
$29.99 SRP DVD MOD
https://www.wbshop.com/…/step-by-step-the-complete-second-s…
-----The newly blended clans of Frank Lambert (Patrick Duffy; Dallas) and Carol Foster (Suzanne Somers; Three's Company) continue to learn how to fit all their dreams under one umbrella in the second season of this family-sitcom classic. Frank's nephew Cody (Sasha Mitchell) infuriates Dana Foster (Staci Keanan) by besting her S.A.T. score, while his son J.T. (Brandon Call) dares to run against her for class president. Meanwhile, Mark Foster (Christopher Castile) develops a fear of woodshop, Karen Foster (Angela Watson) lands a modeling job in Chicago, Brendan Lambert (Josh Byrne) takes on a St. Bernard, and tomboy "Al" Lambert (Christine Lakin) grapples with puberty. Frank and Carol are still a study in contrasts, one laid-back, the other high-strung, but their love binds them while giving them the strength to navigate the choppy waters churned up by seven very different children learning to live together, day by day.

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to know if Warner's has (a) fixed the S1 set, and (b) if the S2 set has the same issue. I've held off purchasing this show over this problem, because to me it is kind of a big deal. Can anyone address whether the concerns present in S1 (as described here) are still an issue?

Last edited:

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Nobody ever answered these questions I posed a few years ago, but just FYI in case anyone ever runs across this: Most of the episodes of this show that were released on DVD, not only have the black bars encoded, but the entire episodes are pillarboxed cutting off like 25% of the video yet keeping in 4x3 ratio. It looks to me like Warner created a 16x9 master (probably for streaming) by zooming/cutting. Which is fine, EXCEPT, when they released on DVD, they released it as 4x3 but using the zoomed in 16x9 version as the starting point, thus the 4x3 version they released is missing notable amounts of picture on all sides. I had hopes that when they screwed up the first season they would avoid the mistake for the others. But no... This is a major fail for Warners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks