What's new

Step 1, room design? (1 Viewer)

JayD

Auditioning
OK people newbie here, first post. Found the site through HT Builder Mag. My wife and I are designing our dream house. The basement will be the audio/HT room. The house will be insulated concrete form construction with radiant floor heating (zoned) under a Permacrete surface. Now we can make this room virtually any size or shape since we are in the design phase. Browsing the forums gives a lot of advice especially the section where people post the things they would do if they had it to do over. My first question is, how do we determine what the best size and shape of the room is? For example, our first drawings have the room at 37'X60'. Should it be more square or more rectangle? We can also use almost any ceiling or wall covering. Anything over the Permacrete will kill the radiant heat save for a few area rugs so we don't have much choice there. I am more into music than movies, but love concert DVD's so the audio portion is extremely important. After the room design, what is the next step? FYI we are planning an underground basement (no windows)sound proofed from the rest of the house. Thanks! JD

John S

Senior HTF Member
The size of the room, and thus the size of the screen, will be dictated somewhat by the maximum number of people you want to be able to accomodate comfortably at a time.

A mod should move this to HT construction forum here. It will get much better response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks