STEINWAY TO HEAVEN: recommended!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Perry, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I just picked up this CD, which is a collection of classical piano pieces played by rock's keyboard stars (on real pianos --no synths). You've got Rick Wakeman playing Beethoven, Jordan Rudess and Patrick Moraz playing Chopin, and so forth. Even the keyboard player from Guns 'N' Roses makes an appearance (though he was definitely one of the weaker entries.)
    I was impressed with the musicianship shown by these guys. I am usually the first person to complain that today's players have weak technical ability and get by with fancy technology, but this disc showcases some very talented people AND could be a good way to introduce some younger people to some of the classic piano pieces.
    ------------------
    Home Theater Pictures

2. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Does it come with a Jordan Rudess action figure?
    This will make a cool XMas present for a keyboard player friend of mine. Thanks Brian.
    ------------------
    JB
    My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

No doubt, Jordan just might be the most amazing keyboard player I've ever seen. As much as I like Rick Wakeman, John Lord, and Keith Emerson, Jordan infuses his playing with such technical acumen (did I use that word correctly?) and a sense of fun that gives his music a real kick. Seeing him live is something else.