What's new

STEINWAY TO HEAVEN: recommended! (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up this CD, which is a collection of classical piano pieces played by rock's keyboard stars (on real pianos --no synths). You've got Rick Wakeman playing Beethoven, Jordan Rudess and Patrick Moraz playing Chopin, and so forth. Even the keyboard player from Guns 'N' Roses makes an appearance (though he was definitely one of the weaker entries.)
I was impressed with the musicianship shown by these guys. I am usually the first person to complain that today's players have weak technical ability and get by with fancy technology, but this disc showcases some very talented people AND could be a good way to introduce some younger people to some of the classic piano pieces.
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Does it come with a Jordan Rudess action figure?
This will make a cool XMas present for a keyboard player friend of mine. Thanks Brian.
------------------
JB
My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Does it come with a Jordan Rudess action figure?
Unfortunately not, but Jordan's selection (Chopin's Revolutionary Etude) is probably the most technically difficult on the disc. And he handles it without a hitch (although I am no classical critic). In the liner notes, Jordan says Chopin pieces were his "specialty" during his ten years at Julliard.
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
No doubt, Jordan just might be the most amazing keyboard player I've ever seen. As much as I like Rick Wakeman, John Lord, and Keith Emerson, Jordan infuses his playing with such technical acumen (did I use that word correctly?) and a sense of fun that gives his music a real kick. Seeing him live is something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks