steering wheel question...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ted Lee, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

May 8, 2001

i'm thinking about buying a driving game and getting a steering wheel (for either ps2 or xbox ... dunno yet).

with a controller, i can just sit on the couch and go. but how does it work with a wheel? do i put it in my lap? do i have to put it on a table/flat surface? how do the pedals work?

in case you can't tell...i've never bought one before.

as a side note, if anyone has any recommendations on a particular wheel (including these new wireless ones i'm seeing), or features i should look for, please do so.

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Mar 31, 1999
    "Tried" one for the Xbox...actually 2 of them, different brands, Pelican and MadCatz. Both had a way for u to use on ur lap and to use on a table. The pedals were good enuff and they don't shoot out of reach when u hit the pedal to the metal unlike the earlier PSone kinds that were just too light.
    Overall, the Madcatz won over the Pelican, with better feel, more responsivesness, and a more durable build, but all this for another $10 over the Pelican.
    I'm looking to "audition" the Logitech wheel to compare as I believe they build good products......don't they? Also, it'd be great if Xbox would put force feedback into their racing games at least. Heck, I'll buy those $150 wheels if they had them!