What's new

Steely Dan Lyrics question (1 Viewer)

Paul D Young

Second Unit
What the heck do they say in Show Biz Kids from Countdown To Ecstasy by Steely Dan. If you've heard the song before you probably noticed that they chant something throughout the entire song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. About a zillion times! Although I really enjoy this album that chanting drives me batty every time.

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Paul, I was just listening to my newly purchased remastered version last night and was wondering the same question. It would have been nice if they would have printed that lyric along with the others:D
Anyone know what they are singing? BTW, I absolutely love the song and the remastered version sounds sweeeeeeet!
Jerry

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's a some hybrid of Las Vegas and Lost Wages... since people got to the former to do the latter?

Even worse than the confusing lyric is when I sing along with it.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
It's another humorous example of Steely Dan's wordplay . They are indeed calling Las Vegas "Lost Wages", and, as so many road-trippers from So-Cal will tell you, the name fits!

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
"Lost Wages" has been a common nickname for Las Vegas since long before Steely Dan were born (and that was when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!). Now tell me what the hell they're saying during the break in King Of The World!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks