What's new

Steely Dan fans: New albums coming May 6, 2003! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
From this link:

http://steelydan.com/emgpress1.html

Everything Must Go is scheduled to be out on May 6th! Whoo-hoo!

I like this part of the press release:

Engineering were Elliot Scheiner, Dave Russell, Roger Nichols -- all of whom received Best Engineering Grammys® for Two Against Nature -- along with newcomer T.J. Doherty. Superstar tracking and mixing engineer Elliot Scheiner comments on the process, saying "We did a few things differently -- including tracking and mixing in analog instead of digital. That contributed to giving this album a really rich and satisfying sound".

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Looks like they did live to X-track recordings...

Wow! This could be likely to have sonic reference quality. Even the Dan's mixed work sounds clean.

I can't wait for this one. :)

Ed E Lee

Agent
Excellent news!

I've been hooked on listening to their live stuff over the past couple of weeks. New is good. :D

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm....... Wheels turning in brain.

Hybrid DVD-A/CD announced.

Could this be the first big title on DVD-A that is single inventory CD/DVD-A? That would be cool.

Since Scheiner did the Gaucho mix for DTS, the 2VN concert disc, the 2VN DVD-A and Fagen's Nightfly and Kamakariad, it certainly is an interesting "what if".

2VN didn't connect with me right off, it took a couple of listenings to hook me.

Regards,

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Since Scheiner did the Gaucho mix for DTS, the 2VN concert disc, the 2VN DVD-A and Fagen's Nightfly and Kamakariad, it certainly is an interesting "what if".
Hey is there a multichannel Kamakiriad coming out? Got some inside information you want to share?;)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Philip, it's been in the works for some time.

I think the latest date the Quad board has for it is late February.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks