Steel Battlion/Tekki may be another disappointment ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Sep 18, 2002.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

2. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I dunno; seems like they weren't all that impressed with the construction of the controller. But, there's no way I'm not trying it out!!! Looks too damn cool to me.
    Game may still kick ass. [​IMG]

3. James Zos

But the game IS the controller. I mean, if you don't like the controller you MUST use in order to play the game, how can you like the game itself - no matter how cool it "looks?"
    I think some like myself may end up wishing the developer had left the option open for using a regular xbox controller. I know a lot of people will buy it JUST for that monsterous pack-in controller, but some (like myself) may be LESS likely to buy it because of that.
    I wonder if this game will ever be available for rent? Since you would have to rent the controller as well?

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Well I emailed my friend who bought the Teki Import and here's what he said:

"I don't know what that guy was on when he wrote that! The controller feels just as good as any logitech joystick, sure its all plastic but what isn't made of plastic these days??? As for the game, I don't have time to write to you anymore right now because of it, its just that good.....later"

All in all he seems to be happy with the package.

7. James Zos

I'm not one of those people who take pleasure in the failure of this or that game. I hope the game IS fun to play and sells well, both for the enjoyment of the people looking forward to it and so that it may bolster the future of my beloved Xbox.
    The preview did seem to be a bit of a downer in my opinion, that's all. I didn't say the game WILL be disappointing, I said it MAY be disappointing, based on what Gamespot had to say.
    BrianB, I didn't know that about the regular controller. That's great, because it means the game should be available to rent.

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Many reviews from Japan have stated that they experienced initial frustration and "meh" feelings. But once they got used to the control scheme they found it extremely deep and rewarding

9. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I think alot of people are going to feel initial frustration, due to the complexity of controlling the mech. It would be quite the gamer that could sit down and immediately have a feel for 3 foot pedals, 2 joysticks and about 40 buttons.

But, that's part of the fun, if you ask me. Definitely looking forward to this one.

10. Steve Iseman

Steve Iseman Agent

Famitsu gave it 37/40. That's a pretty good score.

11. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I'm down with it. I think it's worth the novelty, but if I was in a cash crunch, I admit I'd pass. It's just really really expensive for a game. If my SO found out how much it cost before it gets to the house, I'm gonna be sleeping with the controller on the couch for a week or two.

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I just learned that we WILL be paying more than the Japanese, and you're probably going to have to PRE ORDER it, because most stores WILL NOT be stocking anything beyond that

14. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I must admit, I'll be a little disappointed if it's not 16x9 compatible. anyone know? I've been looking around on Japanese sites w/ no luck.