What's new

Steam News and Bargains thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
October 16 if you preorder, in stores in November 10:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-04-valve-dates-steam-machines-controllers-steam-link

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/4/8727269/steam-machine-launch-date

$449
  • Intel Core i3 - 4130T DC
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 500GB 7200RPM HDD
  • 1x1 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller
$549
  • Intel Core i3 - 4130T DC
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 1x1 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller
$649
  • Intel Core i5 - 4590T QC
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 AC
  • Steam Controller
$749
  • Intel Core i7 - 4765T QC
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 AC
  • Steam Controller

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got that notice about refund. Great idea, but I hope it works well in practice. I've had a few I maybe would have refunded for but later I found that I actually liked them!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Was going to help out and bumper this thread.

Summer sale is OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN.....!!!!

race-car-clip-art-0511-0911-0616-1956.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Damage so far...

Metro Redux Collection

Outlast and DLC Whistleblower

Sir, you are being Hunted

Legend of Grimrock 2

Guild 2 Renaissance

cheap pack of (probably awful) sims: Helicopter Rescue, Car mechanic... it was 99 cents. lol

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
The only ones so far:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I & II

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

Plan on investing in some of these that are on sale until the 22nd, but holding out for deeper discounts:

Witcher III (hope, hope)

Grim Dawn

Dreamfall

A Bird Story

Enigmatis

Grim Legends

European Truck Simulator 2

Ori & The Blind Forest

Pillars of Eternity

Kerbal Space Program

Memoria

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Betrayer

Broken Sword 5

Morphopolis

Lego Worlds

Garry's Mod

12 Labors of Hercules

Sunless Sea

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So far it's been just a few picks here and there for me:
Sir, You Are Being Hunted Steam
Depth
This War of Mine
This War of Mine - War Child Charity DLC
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ROW

Watch_Dogs Season Pass
Watch_Dogs - Conspiracy
The Evil Within Season Pass
Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition
Watch_Dogs - Access Granted Pack
Watch_Dogs - Bad Blood

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Gauntlet

Ryse: Son of Rome

All of that for less than the cost of one new release, or close to it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've got to update my list again... but like you said... not much being spent!

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I got. Played it for a test run before turning in last night, very VERY VERY hard to turn it off. Just amazing. I thought Metro 2088 looked good... woah... I hope Elder SCrolls VI looks 85% as good. I'll just be strolling around in the world like I have all the time in the world...

They are remaking Vanishing with an updated engine like what was done with Metro and if you own it or buy it you get the update FREE!!

Betrayer's a lot of fun btw. Gorgeous black and white with red highlights like Schindler's List, very rare in gaming. I can see why too, some folks complained about the lack of color! :blink:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Witcher III (never went under 10% discount...LOVE it so far!)

The Tiny Bang Story (got it for $1.94 and it's a hoot so far...a cross between Machinerium and a hidden object game)

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I & II (I've only installed the first game so far...and it's a 26GB download for a Diablo clone that's pretty darn short! It's the same size as the Witcher 3 download! And Part 2 is also 20+ GB!)

Garry's Mod (it's about time I checked out this insanity)

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (the original is probably my favorite "point n' click" game of all time...well, up there with "Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis" and "Sam and Max Hit the Road," anyway

Grim Fandango Remastered (supposedly the bestest, funniest "point n' click" game of all time.

Morphopolis (no idea what it's like, or if I'll ever even play it, but it was NINETEEN CENTS!)

Runespell: Overture (A new take on the "match three" RPG by using poker hands to fight monsters)

UnEpic (VERY cheap RPG. I think...)

Grim Dawn ("hack 'n slash" RPG similar to "Titan War" and "Sacred". It's still in Early Access, but from what I read, all it needs now is a little polishing up here and there)

12 Labors of Hercules (looks cute, and it was under a buck)

A Bird Story (it's a sequel of sorts to "To the Moon," which is supposed to be wonderful. I bought THAT during the last Steam sale)

Talisman: Digital Edition (another card game, and I can't make head or tail out of what to do)

Ori and the Bind Forest (llook like a beautiful "platformer")

Hand of Fate (a card game/RPG hybrid where your moves" are played out RPG-style)

Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse (what the hell, I loved the other games)

Life is Strange, Ep. 1 (looks like another First Person Walker games like "Gone Home" or "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (I understand that you can just drive around enjoying the scenery, which sounds decent stress relief)

All this was made possible because of a VERY generous Christmas gift of Steam gift cards from my sister. I'm now up to 270 games in my Steam library, and I'll never play half of them (probably closer to 75% of them). I keep hoping that Steam will start some sort of "sharing" program, where I can cast off games I no longer want to someone who does. Of course, I'll need to find online friends for that...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
glad to see some love for Tiny Bang. I loved it too. I keep checking for another for that tiny team, I think they are Russian, but nothing yet.

There's a single player Talisman game for like 79 cents i think. That' teaches you the ins and outs. Worth the little money.

Need to update my list as well, went nuts but at least i didn't spent $100. Bought 5 Early Access games! I hope 3 out of 5 at least get done and the rest reach Beta. Kind of exciting though...

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
The Steam Winter sale started today and runs through January 4. Unlike recent years, there are no 12 and 24 hour specials so far. I'm planning to drop a few dollars on some "hidden object" games. They're quite relaxing for those days where I don't want to kill things...

I'm gonna get the Cities: Skylines expansion, the further chapters of Life is Strange (though I have yet to play the first), and Kerbal, perhaps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks