What's new

Stealth (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Heard this one is horrible. Painful dialog and little action.

Also that the marketing and ads for the film are misleading.

People are going to be pissed!

I thought it looked interesting. Anyone else see it?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I haven't seen it, but I have a coworker who has been just dying to see it, because it looks like a train wreck.

Harry at AICN thought it was dumb, but still fun.

Jason

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
So now what, the A.I. plane is going to say "sorry" and blow itself up? Or are we only going to see about 5 minutes of flying?

It looked generic when I saw the trailer for the first time.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Probably that Jaime Foxx is being portrayed as the lead in ads to capitalize on his popularity and Oscar win while he is actually has a supporting role in the film and its actually Josh Lucas who his the lead.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
To me, it looks like yet another loud Action movie.
I'll skip this one even with Josh Lucas in it.
Cross Top Gun with Firefox and you got Stealth.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Looks like about 1/2 dozen anime films or shows i have seen. Macross Plus, is what mostly comes to mind.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've actually seen the trailer so many times I'm totally burnt out on seeing the film itself.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I actually think it's quite the opposite. You basically see Jaime Foxx in the trailer for the first 10 seconds and then you never see him again. I was actually thinking "The man's won the friggin' Oscar and they don't even try to capitalize on that!" while seeing the trailer in theaters.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think it looks fun, I could use a little mindless fun right about now just to unwind, I mean i've already seen every major film I wanted to see this summer, so why not, ya know?

Plus, Jessica Biel in a bikini, how does that hurt it? ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Best Buy has a free dvd out in stores now with some behind the scenes on this movie and a trailer with a few other trailers as well.

It looks like a fun ride. The trailer is full 5.1 and anamorphic, it looks and sounds great in the theater. This one I'll most likely buy blind.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from Stealth and really had fun with what I saw. The best part being that it had a story direction I wasn't really expecting, but was glad they headed towards.

Not perfect, of course, but capably directed and quite a lot of fun. Certainly as much fun as any military vehicle movie has been in a decade. And for every preposterous element (ring of fire) there is something that just made me giddy (refueling zepplin). Loud, explosive, pretty, fast, and fun.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ahahaha! Truth be told, I've liked a good deal of 2005 so far. Not as many 'slam dunk' movies as previous years (like a Pirates of the Caribbean or Kill Bill Vol 1), but a good deal of enjoyable material.

As a comparison, The Island is brimming with more ideas, and I think Bay is able to deliver better action sequences. So I liked The Island more.

But, I'm a sucker for a good military toy movie and Stealth is very much in the mold of Firefox, which I still enjoy. Cohen is solidly in his Fast and Furious directing mode, so you get more than a few shots following the 'wiring' or 'pipes' and fast shots implying speed. Very few practical effects, of course, given that the planes don't exist, but to their credit I forgot it was CG much of the time. I'd liken it to PC games, where flight sims are more readily able to get that photo-real effect because aircraft are so easily modeled.

I wanted a Military Toy Movie, and I think it was on the money in that respect.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I just got back from this, and the trailers were a bit misleading. I was expecting a real turd, and it was a bit better than that (although not great). It was pretty predictable, however, except for the turning point in the movie (which admittedly I didn't see coming).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Dumb question unrelated to Stealth - why go see a film you're expecting to be utter crap?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks