What's new

Stealth is LOUD. (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

The R3 2 disk is fine PQ and sound wise. Uses a dual layer disk, as there are around 30 minutes or so of trailers (for other films) included on the disk.

Do agree that the sound mix seems too loud. Had to turn my amp down around 7 points (goes upto 50) to get a tolerable level.
Also could have done with some editing as it did feel it was dragging in the middle. Seemed as if they did not know what film they were trying to make, just action or with some character development as well.

Andy_MT

Second Unit

i wonder what happened to the 1 disk then. the video is REALLY bad ! actually that's over selling it, it's not that good. maybe sonybit outsourced this disc.

i think that's the last time i'm going to be burned on region 3 dvds - some of these distributors are pretty useless (interlaced video seems to be a common problem).

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I just got a chance to watch this rent and watch this movie and I must say, I am glad I didn't buy it.

How in the world can they have Jamie Foxx die an hour into the movie???

Also, the rogue plane miraculously starts to obey orders again because it can't land????

It was okay for a mindless action flick but that's it.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

This was the only thing that impressed me at all about this movie. So very glad I rented it only.

What is it that is impressing everyone about the sound quality? Didn't stand out to me at all. It almost sounded like someone placed a veil over all of my speakers, the clarity was lacking. Yeah, there was a lot of activity in all channels, but I've plenty of demo material that uses them much better.

Movie = :thumbsdown:
Sound = :thumbsdown:
Picture = Not bad.

IMO

Geo

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
Actually it was better than I thought. One of Rob Cohen's better movies, but that's not saying much. The first 30 minutes was quite good. I like the chemistry the three leads had. Their cockiness reminds me of "Top Gun." Foxx was hilarious! Then it went south but still entertaining. One thing I did like is you really felt the speed of the planes. Seems like the filmmakers had the pedal to the metal everytime the planes were in the air.

I thought the sound was very good, I had it comfortably loud and it was never harsh or fatiguing. (unlike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) If I wasn't in an apartment, I would have cranked it more. The surround field was immersive without being distracting ala Flight of the Phoenix. Bass was impressive but not overcooked.

Biel doesn't need to be in a bikini to be stunning. She's now #2 on my list of most beautiful women.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Bought this blind yesterday and watched it last night. I really enjoyed it. I was only planning to watch some as it was late and couldn't turn it off.

The picture quality was decent; some EE was noticeable as was some video noise during some dark scenes. The dts track was nice with some good bass but lacked any real low bass. The dd track seemed compressed and localized where the dts track was very open and enveloping.

The movie, entertaining. It had a simple storyline, the acting wasn't too bad, I've seen much worse (Star Wars for example). The special effects were good and there lots of gun play and explosions, my kind of entertainment.

All-n-all, I'll give it a 7 on the enjoyment scale.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't the most impressive DTS presentation I've heard...hell, not even close, but it was an all right movie to pass a couple of hours. And I echo all the praise for Jessica Biel!:D

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Has Sony given up on Superbit? I'm surprised they didn't first release a barebones version, then an SE, then a Superbit.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i just watched this last night and have to say that this movie brought out the child in me.

I have always had a fascination with jets and fighter jets specifically. there were so many points in the movie where i felt like a little kid watching Robotech, G.I. Joe or Transformers again. Looking at this made me realize that a live action Robotech and the upcoming live action Transformers movies could actually have decent special efx.

screw the plot this was a 2 hour demo for me. I will watch this movie again and again simply for the 'demo material.'

i am so glad that i live in a house now. I cranked that dts track on my str-da4es and let my svs rumble. it was off the hook.

now with all of that said i have seen FAAAAAAAR worse movies. this movie is not nearly as bad as been reported.

crash one night. kung fu hustle on the night after. stealth the next night. is it possible that i can watch a fourth movie in a row that i actually enjoy???? Time will tell tonight!

i have not had this much time to watch movies in a while. what a great time of year for me!

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I kind of think of Stealth on dvd like the tree falling in the forest with no one there. Is there a sound? How can Stealth be loud?

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
just finished it.

Good picture...SLIGHT EE, otherwise fine.
Sound was better than expected, as in NOT overcooked.
Well balanced...had it at reference, as in did NOT have to turn it down.

Movie - entertaining, and nothing more.
Certainly better than DADay and WOTWorlds in comparison.

onto the EDUKATORS.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
David,

i have never seen layer cake but i went to check it out over at rotten tomatoes and i will be seeing it.

thanks!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Well my local DVD rental place only carry the foolscreen version,so I have to pass on this.I'm more partial to the other Jessica[Alba] anyway. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm more partial to Jessica Alba too, but Biel looked DAMN HOT(especially in that little blue bikini). A big :emoji_thumbsup:.

As for the DVD itself, the DTS track was excellent and the picture was very solid. More gunfire and explosions than any action movie I've seen in quite some time. If you like blow em' up, non-stop action flicks this one is definitely worth checking out.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
ya,

a tad butch on the muscles though.
good frame though.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Far as I know, the flick is ONLY available in a widescreen version.

True anamorphic Panavision as well, 2.40 to 1. A Foolscreen version would chop the action in half (no Super35 BS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks