Stealth is LOUD. (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
a short and quick review

just watched this last night and noticed right away that the sound is very loud, especially compared to the recent dvd of SITH.

i usually have the sound level set about 17,18 on my denon but i had to lower it to 22-23 to have normal volume level.

this was on the dts track. i didnt listen to the DD track.

i would say the pq was very good too.
not much EE.
the movie itself didnt make alot of sense and the voice of the
computer jet was annoying as it sounded too much like HAL.

even though most of it was pretty ridiculous i still liked it.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I've heard from quite a few reviews and others that the DTS track is amazing. I'm tempted to pick this up just based on the DTS (PQ is suppose to be great as well) and the extras seem plentiful. I may wait until price drops (shouldn't take long based on box office returns) but I may give this a rent regardless.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

I don't know about you but I find most DTS tracks like this. With my Pioneer 912k receiver I usually listen to DD tracks at around 35-40 and DTS track anywhere between 40-50.

It's a definite rental for me.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'll pass on this. In the past, I might buy something like this just for the DTS track alone, but there are enough movies out there that I love now that have wonderful video and audio.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This is a movie where I'm tempted to buy it and watch the Spanish or French track, so that I can just enjoy the pretty pictures without trying to have the plot make any sense.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Man, this thing is being released on DVD already? I was wondering just the other day if it had been released in the theater yet! Not that I was planning on watching it...

Steath indeed.

Doesn't this set some type of record for shortest DVD release window?

--
H

Andy_MT

Second Unit
WARNING : don't order the region 3 single disc edition. the compression on this disc is abysmal - i watched a 250k internet stream the other day and i'm not kidding, the two were head to head PQ quality wise in places. looking at this disc on a PC, i see it's a single layer disc - for a 2 hour film, 5.1 and DTS track. i think that speaks for itself ...

it's frustrating because columbia and warner titles distributed by C & W in region 3 usually use the same transfer (in my experience). i can't believe the region 1 suffers this fate.

a superbit edition on the horizon ? perhaps, but for now, this region 3 disc must be the supersh%t edition. AVOID !!!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't think so. Theatrical release was July 29, 2005. The window for Serenity will be shorter.

M.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think the shortest may be the christmas movie from last year with ben affleck was only 10 weeks.

as of that time it was the shortest.

there may have ben a shrter one since.

Drew R

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew Ressler
BT, the score composer, did say he pretty much wanted to push the music to theather speaker-blowing proportions.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I love a good visceral experience now and again, but the over marketing of this movie last summer was enough for me to not want to see this. I'll probably rent it anyway.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
Why would anyone want to buy this unseen just for the DTS track? Unless you got money coming outta your ass why not just rent it and if it's worth it to you, then pick it up previously-viewed for a couple more bucks?

that said, I'll definitely rent it for Biel.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
This movie was better when it was called Macross Plus I'm sure.

Still, like others, I'll probably rent it to see the gorgeous Biel. Plus I've always been in love with jets.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, you don't really need "money coming outta your ass" to buy a $16 DVD. ;)

That being said, I'll definitely be renting this flick instead of doing a blind buy because from what I've heard it's pretty bad. I love a mindless, blow 'em up action flick more than anybody, but this one seems to fall in the same category as XXX: State of the Union. In other words, something I'll watch once and probably never bother watching again.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
BrentM

You're right. And I don't mean any offence to Josh (he did say he will pass). It's more of a reference to the likelihood that this flick has no replay value and therefore it's money wasted. Every week there's a new pristine transfer, with thunderous bass, and "aggressive surround material to put your system through its paces."

Since many HTFers and me are value-oriented, I just like to try before I buy...it's the same thing at the end (mostly).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks