What's new

STB decision help (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I just bought a Toshiba 65H80 and would like to pick up a STB for it.. I can get the Sony for 500.00 locally right now since i would get 200.00 off from buying the 65h80. Would the Sony be a good match or is the Toshiba a better match. The Toshiba box would cost me about 2 bills more than the Sony. Any thoughts??

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Brian,
I just got the 65H80 about two months ago. Are you referring to a Toshiba rebate that I don't know about? Or is it something local? I'm in the same boat as you looking for a hi-def STB. I'd like to have one in place before football season starts.
Peace,
DM
------------------
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Local store is giving 200 off any STB with any HD ready TV purchase.. They have the Sony listed for 698 and the Toshiba for 898.. I think im leaning towards the Sont though.. 5 bills seems fairly reasonable.. Im sure the prices of these STBs are gonna fall eventually..but im sure i wont wait..as usual

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
If you want the Toshiba DST3000, I saw it on UBid (brand new from their warehouse) this past weekend going for $539. They had 2 of them and no one even bid on them. I was very tempted to buy one even though I don't have my new TV yet. I just checked UBid and I don't see the Toshiba right now but I'd keep an eye on them because they'll probably be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks