STB decision help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Schucher, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

I just bought a Toshiba 65H80 and would like to pick up a STB for it.. I can get the Sony for 500.00 locally right now since i would get 200.00 off from buying the 65h80. Would the Sony be a good match or is the Toshiba a better match. The Toshiba box would cost me about 2 bills more than the Sony. Any thoughts??

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Brian,
    I just got the 65H80 about two months ago. Are you referring to a Toshiba rebate that I don't know about? Or is it something local? I'm in the same boat as you looking for a hi-def STB. I'd like to have one in place before football season starts.
    Peace,
    DM
    ------------------
    "We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

3. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

Local store is giving 200 off any STB with any HD ready TV purchase.. They have the Sony listed for 698 and the Toshiba for 898.. I think im leaning towards the Sont though.. 5 bills seems fairly reasonable.. Im sure the prices of these STBs are gonna fall eventually..but im sure i wont wait..as usual

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

If you want the Toshiba DST3000, I saw it on UBid (brand new from their warehouse) this past weekend going for $539. They had 2 of them and no one even bid on them. I was very tempted to buy one even though I don't have my new TV yet. I just checked UBid and I don't see the Toshiba right now but I'd keep an eye on them because they'll probably be back.