What's new

Stay away from SkyboxTV!!! (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Here's a warning to everyone...DO NOT do business with SkyboxTV. They are also known as Skybox Internet Marketing Group. They sell DISH Network satellite systems among other things. They are a dishonest and shady business.
About a month ago I followed an internet pop-up ad for their promotional offer. It seemed like a good idea and I signed up. Unfortunately I fell for one of their gimmicks. Their website (at the time) would tell you that the offer expires that evening. But if you check the next day the site is updated so the offer expires on that day. (Their site has not been updated in a while, so it may not reflect this problem.) When I signed up I thought it was about to expire so I quickly signed up before researching thinking I could easily cancel. So when I finally did the research the next day I decided not to use their offer and called them back to cancel. They cancelled without a problem, but still billed my credit card and haven't reimbursed me despite my calls and emails requesting the reimbursement. They are a very frustrating company to work with.
I'm sending a letter off to the Better Business Bureau and making some more harassing phone calls to their office. Stay away!!!!
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Bill,
Thanks for the heads up on this group. giving people a place to post their bad (and good) experiences is one of the most valuable things the HTF offers.
If I were you, I would call my credit card company and have them remove the charge at this point. Let them duke it out with this shady operation!
Deborah
------------------

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Thanks for the advice. I plan on making that call to my bank today. I called SkyboxTV back just to give them one last chance to at least tell my why I don't have my money. The girl I talked to (Kaley, who I've talked to before and send email messages to) said that she forwarded the information on to "the guy that handles the credit card reimbursements." She says that he's so busy with people that want their money back that he is currently on back log. I can see why! When I asked to talk to him she said he's in a meeting! Hmmm, such an easy excuse.
I should say that I've always been dealing with very nice people on the phone, but the standard response is "I'll forward that information on." I really hate such a "non-responsive" response. I can't trust if anything is really forwarded on, or if anybody is going to do anything about it.
Looking up their BBB Reliability Report says that their type of business is "Utilities-Television-Cable, Catv & Satellite." They do seem to do things like a cable company! A quote from the report, "The company has not responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau."
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on July 23, 2001 at 04:02 PM]

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Here's an update...
Just to add insult to injury they charged my account yesterday an additional $125!!!! Why? Because I didn't install the equipment within 30 days of receiving the certificate!!! But I never received the certificate because I cancelled almost 2 months ago!!
So when I call in today to get this fixed Kaley tells me that everyone is out at a convention today. "They'll be back tomorrow and I'll be sure to let TJ know that you need this fixed right away." I said to her, "Are they out learning how to do a better job screwing over the customers?" She said, "They're pretty busy now-a-days." I asked, "How can they possibly be busy when they don't get anything done? How can an office that is so busy get anything done when everybody takes the day off?"
She also told me that they don't handle a lot of credit card back charges. I told her that the last time I called she was getting "a lot of these calls," and that TJ was so busy with them that all she could do was put me on "the list." She explained that what she meant was that people were calling in because of back-orders, but now they've got them all shipped out.
So anyway, she won't give me TJ's direct number because he doesn't deal with customer calls. Only she does that. So I said that if I don't get a call tomorrow from TJ then I'll be calling her back. I explained that if this doesn't get handled immediately then I'm going to take care of this as if it's credit card fraud and I'll be really coming after them. I'll begin my TJ harassment tomorrow when he's back in the office!!!
furious.gif

------------------
Bill
mickey31.gif

Edited to remove smiley from my sig. I'm really not in a good mood right now!
[Edited last by Bill Catherall on August 02, 2001 at 01:35 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks