What's new

Stay away from Dell... (1 Viewer)

Vito_Jr

Grip
I should have known better, but no... went on=line this morning, say 20% off at Dell, looked at the PannyTH42PHD5UY (listed as 1-3 days delivery) HA -

Called Dell, got a rep who gave me an an "estimate ref #" for $4600 but with a 12/6 ship date. I said I'd call him back - I did call back - he told me the Internet site had changed and the best he could do is offer 10% off...

In a way I am happy - I really want the TH42PWD5UY anyway but buyer beware with Dell...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
this is what i've gleened:

vito wanted to buy a panasonic TH42PHD5UY or get a new dell computer. dell was offering 20% off so he called and got an estimate and an estimated ship date (12-6-02). apparently he had to think if he really wanted to wait that long so he said he'd call back later. when he called them back later, dell said they could only do 10% off so now vito here is buying the panasonic TH42PHD5UY plasma display.

kevin t

Vito_Jr

Grip
Sorry guys, I didn't think the post was that hard to follow, here's the synopsis:
called Dell @11:00am as I saw up to 20% off at their peripherals store - the only 42" Panasonic ( the brand I am interested in) they had "in stock - 1-3 days delivery time) was the TH42PHD5UY. Rather than buy over the web I wanted to talk to a rep to make sure 1. the 20% price reduction was the real deal, 2. the model was the model as stated on the web site (if you have ever spoken to a Dell rep you'd know what I mean), and 3. the unit was in stock .
When I first called I was told 1. yes, 20% off ($4600 delivered); 2. yes it is the TH42PHD5UY and it comes with a stand (it really doesn't), 3. it was not in stock (estimated ship date was 12/6).
Kevin, you are exactly right, I wasn't sure about waiting that long, and I wanted to check with AMEX that they would be behind me if I chose to cancel my order.
When I called back to order it, all my info was taken, then the rep said he had to get the price conformed by the manager - he returned to say that all he could do is take 5% off but "he may have a 10% coupon laying around, but $500 off was the best he could do." All this after issuing me an "estimate" file number under which my order could be placed when I called back.
I didn't get too upset - don't get me wrong - this
s****s, but I really want the lower res (and priced) WD model.
Thanks Kevin for a very good interpretation - you just screwed up the model - but at least it shows you are a good reader! ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks