What's new

Stay at home spouse/SO. (1 Viewer)

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
My wife is a stay at home mom. She never thought that she would take this route - she worked so damn hard for her college degree and professional certifications and truly loved her work. But when she finally became pregnant, we started thinking about this and she made the decision to stay home.
It was really scary adjusting from a double income to a single income (we were also in the process of moving to Seattle from Dallas, and we weren't positive as to how the finances would shake out), but we made the appropriate sacrifices and I'm happy to say now that things are going very well.
Wait till you have kids and you wont think she is just sitting around or going out all the time. Taking care of just 1 child all day long is 3-4 times the work that most people do each day. Its not only physically hard but mentally very tough.
Truer word shave never been spoken! Shows like "Married with Children" make it look like all they ever do is watch soaps and eat bon-bons, but being a good parent is really hard work. On top of caring for our two children, she also volunteers in my daughters classroom every week (hey, you can't complain about public education unless you're trying to help it:)) and I've found myself doing a lot of extra stuff like coaching soccer.

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
My wife stays home. No kids. She can't work though cause she got in a pretty bad car wreck about 2.5 years ago and as a result suffered a pretty bad brain injury. Doubtful she'll work anytime soon but we've managed to live sparingly on a 1 income budget.
Well except for the home theater stuff I'm buying :).
By the way, I just have to comment on the fact that almost every picture of Ron-P or his home theater has a beer in it. Hilarious!!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My wife is a stay at home mother by choice and is homeschooling our five year old daughter.

I love her being home. I love that our little girl is being raised by her parents, rather than a stranger. I have no problem "bringing home the bacon", so to speak.

I envy my wife for her strength. I could never stay home with a child. I love my daughter very much, but I know how much work my wife does every day and it's not something I could handle. I'm glad she can, because I want the best for my little one and her mother more than lives up to those expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks