Station ID's (rant)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren McGruther, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Darren McGruther

Darren McGruther Stunt Coordinator

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else bothered by station id's in the bottom right of your screen?
    My monitor is properly calibrated, so I am not worried about burn in. They just annoy me when I am trying to get into a show or movie. Personally I know what channel I am watching so what is the use of having it there. Since ER is now broadcast in widescreen, it has been even more noticable. But then again, maybe it's just me.
    [​IMG]

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

absolutely, it's maddening because you are helpless to combat it! Some chls are way worse than others...
    A coupla months ago these was a longish rant thread on this in After Hours Lounge, I believe.
    One person said he actually reached a broadcast spokesperson who told him, blithely, "oh, viewers LIKE them ..." yeah right, the dummies...
    ------------------

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

For the ultimate abuse of this, try watching "the new" TNN. No longer is a small "bug" sufficient - they slice off the whole bottom of the screen!
    Just when you were getting used to the bugs...
    TNN is now showing Star Trek: The Next Generation - one of my favorite shows. I refuse to watch it on TNN.
    If anyone can come up with an e-mail for TNN, maybe we should start an e-mail campaign???
    -Scott

4. Darren McGruther

Darren McGruther Stunt Coordinator

That might be an idea, just wish that it would fall on anything but deaf ears!!
    [​IMG]