What's new

Static With the XM Ski-Fi - Anyone have this problem? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have the original Delphi Sky-Fi unit for XM installed through an FM Modulator. I was listening to it today and some low end sound came through with a ton of static-like sound. To tell the truth, I had noticed it slighty when I first got XM in my car, but it was never quite enough to go through the hassle of getting to the bottom of what the problem is. But today, it was really bad. It's not my speakers, because I put in a CD after and cranked up the Bass and it sounded fine. Also, I have noticed this problem in other cars I have used the unit in. Has anyone else experienced this? Any possible solutions?

BrianAe

Second Unit
It could just be that a new FM station came online in your area and is creating interference. Try changing what station you use for your FM modulation. In the Chicago area things have gotten worse in this regard. There are now fairly strong stations on all 4 common frequencies used for FM modulation 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, and 88.7.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this sheds any light, but so far the problem is the worst on the Cinemagic Channel. I have to figure it's either something in the signal I'm getting or the unit itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks