What's new

static sound from left surround (1 Viewer)

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished calibrating everything, and when I was playing the test tones from Avia, I noticed a static, crackling sound. It's really noticable with the tes tone, but I haven't noticed it yet with any movies. Anybody have any ideas of what it might be? thanks

altan

Stunt Coordinator
Zach

Please state what your system is -- amp/receiver, speakers, dvd player (how connected, optical, coax, analog), etc

... Altan

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I have a:
Denon 1803
JBL N24s as surrounds
JBL N28's as mains
JBL N-center
SVS 20-39 PCI
Sony 655 dvd player
The dvd player is connected by a coaxial and s-video cable. I have sound king 12 gauge wire to all speakers. The receiver is connected to the tv by s video. and I think that's it, thanks

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have any ideas of what might be causing the sound? is it distortion? And how do I fix it? thanks

Douglas Kinne

Auditioning
Zach, try flipping the surround outputs l.to r. or whatever. If the sound travels to the new speaker, it is an amp issue. If the buzzin sound still comes from the same speaker, then the speaker is the problem.

At what db level did you "calibrate" your setup. The test tones, when REALLY loud, can fry some speakers.

Good luck,

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
Zach,

I have a Denon 3802 and recently had a very similar thing happen to my right side surround speaker. At first I thought the speaker may be blown, but after hooking up another one and hearing the same crackling noise that was ruled out. I took it to the Denon Authorized repair center amd they found that the ac-dc converter was bad. Not sure why the crackling noise would only show up in the one channel, hopefully this takes care of it!

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks