What's new

Static problems w/ my satellite radio (1 Viewer)

Rob_BG

Auditioning
I have Sirius radio for about a month and tune to it through 88.3. Problem is 88.3 is an actual station in my city so sirius and local radio constantly "fight" with each other. I've tried to find another station to tune in with but no others will pick up Sirius. I'm using the Audiovox PNP-2. Is this a problem with the installation? Did the highschool kids at Best Buy screw me? Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Rob,

Have you gone into the Menu on your Sirius radio and changed the FM Transmitter Frequency and then change yor car stereo to that frequency.

I just had my installed and they initially put it on 88.1 which caused static. I then changed both my car radio and Sirius receiver to 87.3 and have no problems.

Todd

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
If your pnp2 has an FM out jack on it, Audiovox has an antenna switch box you can install. I bought mine for about $20 at circuit city. I think it's the SATSWB. There are a couple of different types, you might search the sirius backstage website to find out which one works with your receiver.

My understanding is that it basically bypasses your car antenna when the satellite receiver is powered up, eliminating any static issues.

I haven't installed mine yet, it's too cold and snowy out to be working on the car. From what I've read, though, they work well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks