What's new

static on cd I burned using itunes (1 Viewer)

AmericanIdiot

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Haag
Has anyone else had this problem. I was burning a cd for my girlfriend using itunes and man did it sound bad. Alot of static. I even burned again using a slower speed but got the same results.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What is the source of the music? What are the bit rates of the songs? What kind of system was used for playback?

My guess is that you have overcompressed songs and you are trying to play them back on a nice system where you can hear all of the flaws the compression CODEC introduced. That's similar to watching standard definition TV on an HDTV. You notice just how bad the old TV signal really is. Or getting a new pair of glasses and finding out you have been married to an ugly woman.

-Robert

AmericanIdiot

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Haag
The music was from my itunes library. I believe they are 128 bit. I played it back on my home theatre setup. Pioneer dvd/cd dv333 into yamaha rxv995 reciever into boston acoustics speakers. I also played it in my mini coopers cd player. It was barley audible in the car. A ton of static on the HT. I used the itunes program to burn the disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcuster50
Recent bookmarks