What's new

static in my sub (1 Viewer)

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a new entertainment center and after I hooked everything up, a few days later my sub starting having static coming from it. I have disconnected the sub from my reciever but the static is still there. Sometimes it is like a crackling sound others it's just static. Could someone please tell me what this is? Thanks. By the way it used to be plugged directly into the wall but with this new entertainment center it is too large so I bought a few surge strips(similar to Monsters but made for Sears) and installed them behind the screened doors to conceal them and to give myself easy access if I need to remove a certain component. I have 2 strips. 1 for each side of the center.

noahG

Agent
Chris,
I could be wrong about this, but it sounds like the problem I am having. It's not in the speakers but rather in the receiver. My NAD receiver started generating some static from the front right speaker and then degenerated to static on all channels after a few months. When i brought it in (the first time) I had fried a bunch of capacitors. It's back in the shop now because It's seems to be starting again.

You said you still hear the static when you disconnected the sub so where is it coming from now? If it's just coming from one speaker, try swapping one of the other speakers and see if you still have the same problem. this will rule out any problems in the speaker. Hope this helps.

Noah

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If it is definitely coming from the sub, it sounds like you will be looking for a new sub soon. Sounds like something in the amp circuitry is going to give out.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I still hear the static even if the sub is not connected to the reciever. I was thinking the same thing about doing some shopping soon but I thought I would ask in case it was something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks