What's new

Static Electricity and Me Pre/Pro... (1 Viewer)

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
hey Guys..

Now that I have my system sounding good, I noticed a problem withmy Krell HTS2 pre/pro..anytime I walk aroundmy room for a minute, then touch either my amp, projector, dvd player or the Krell itself, the krell clicks o ff for a split second and comes back on. It appears the static electricity is doing this, but it happens when I touch any of the gear in the room! Any ideas?

RicP

Screenwriter
Humidifer. Or stay off the carpet.

I'd also check the ground on the Krell, make sure it's fully operational.

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, its weird as I never had this problem with any reciever..AND to top it off, it only does this when I have the Krell on DVD with a digital input. If I have it on CD using my analog signal it does not do it! Very very strange. I can just get up, walk two feet to touch my power button on the projector and the Krell clicks off for a sec..

Who knows...

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
I work for a radio station, we have static electricity problems during the winter as well.

There's a company called "Read Right" that makes a spray called "Static Stopper." Works great...just spray a bit on the floor every once in a while and it'll take care of your problem....you can also use a humidifier as Ric mentioned, but I don't care for high humidity around my gear...YMMV.

Jeremy

RicP

Screenwriter
you can also use a humidifier as Ric mentioned, but I don't care for high humidity around my gear
I don't either, but seeing as how he is in Phoenix, AZ I think he'd need 11 humidifers to even get close to what passes for "high" humidity to you & me. :)

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Actually, Alaska gets extremely dry in the winter...not as bad as Arizona, but we see high 30's, low 40's for percentage.
In Arizona, maybe the humidity wouldn't hurt anything, because you could be just approaching normal percentages with artificial humidity.
There are some anti-static mats as well...you could use them next to your equipment rack. Or just have something other than your gear nearby that is metallic...touch it each time before you touch your gear and de-electicize yourself....don't think that is a word, but you get the point.:)
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks