What's new

Starting an online DVD store? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Here's something I was toying around with in order to help raise some money for the site..

I was hoping 4Kids would be able to enter a partnership and send me some DVD's I could sell at an online store I'm thinking about starting. In return, I'd place banner adds for thier product somewhere on the top of the main page.

Is such a thing possible, and would it be worth the hassle for whatever little extra money it'd bring in?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Neil, you need a lot of capital to compete in an arena that includes the likes of Laser's Edge, DVD Empire, Amazon, DeepDiscount, DVD Planet, etc., etc. One cannot propose this as means of "making a little extra money." Instead, you might explore an established e-tailer's "affiliation" policies and put up a link to its site.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Actually, I wasn't thinking of competing with those companies on a large scale. Just offering merchandise that's related to my sites purpose. In this case, only animated Turtle DVD's at discount, + some free advertising for the company.

I'd have to look at their site to see if this is something that they would do.. but I'm wondering if it would be worth all the trouble..

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
4Kids will not deal with you if you are not a retailer, and then they would send you to their deistributor. They might send you 5-10 copies to give out as prizes in a contest, but they would never give you copies to sell in exchange for ads.

You're better off joining an affiliate, and going through a smaller etailer and ask them to set up some sort of coupon for your visitors.

It is impossible to make money off of small-scale (sub-1000 units/month) DVD sales. My friend found that out the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks