What's new

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Update to all! Okay the studio now has two players in the home video biz interested, both video firms can benefit and walk away with a new partner to bring great classics to the market. Both video firms are interested in the type of product they have released for years and that this would offer them. I really hope both video firms can get deals as they both are GREAT firms and will do the titles they get RIGHT! It is the studio holding everything up. So hopefully we will know soon!
So, is this going to happen?

From your last post, it sounds more like a wish than something tangible.

There have been 'close to deals' for years, but that means nothing

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Update to all! Okay the studio now has two players in the home video biz interested, both video firms can benefit and walk away with a new partner to bring great classics to the market. Both video firms are interested in the type of product they have released for years and that this would offer them. I really hope both video firms can get deals as they both are GREAT firms and will do the titles they get RIGHT! It is the studio holding everything up. So hopefully we will know soon!
Fantastic Rob, hoping for the best...maybe a little grease for the wheels?

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Never give up, never surrender? No wonder Bill Hunt went off his nut recently. For one thing, why would the major studios start an archival line of their own for outside titles? Profit margins are too low unless they already have a decent home video division in place. Even then, it's not very profitable.
I prefer to see things get released rather than grunge and moan about them. While I would purchase Flash in a heartbeat, you have to give your head a shake if the studios want to spend a dime more than the 5,000 copies this may sell. Wishing, hoping, talking about 4K when it's clearly not a reality for older serials, and putting your head in the sand simply won't get titles released. The big picture? Nobody buys this shit anymore. Maybe streaming and licencing can help but for most of our most wanted titles and shows, I doubt the streaming numbers are there either.
the quote was from Galaxy Quest, as a joke!!???? Hello!!!???

RobertMG

Premium
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Fantastic Rob, hoping for the best...maybe a little grease for the wheels?

So, is this going to happen?

From your last post, it sounds more like a wish than something tangible.

There have been 'close to deals' for years, but that means nothing
Okay now I am going to drop the name of the studio, maybe more voices can get this done! It is now in Lionsgate's court. Even though King Features still owns the rights it seems Lionsgate does all the deals. They are a great bunch and this has been going on since July 2020. There are two firms interested in the mix one is the natural choice being the home to great work on serials and the other another fine company there is a way forward to make both firms happy, its up to Lionsgate now.

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Okay now I am going to drop the name of the studio, maybe more voices can get this done! It is now in Lionsgate's court. Even though King Features still owns the rights it seems Lionsgate does all the deals. They are a great bunch and this has been going on since July 2020. There are two firms interested in the mix one is the natural choice being the home to great work on serials and the other another fine company there is a way forward to make both firms happy, its up to Lionsgate now.
My only confusion is that I'm seeing on the Wade Williams Collection site Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe and (movie) Planet Outlaws and Buck Rogers (movie version) Destination Saturn, as part of their collection? Which titles are being saught? Which titles are owned by KF? Which titles are they trying to aquire? You can see my delema...

RobertMG

Premium
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
My only confusion is that I'm seeing on the Wade Williams Collection site Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe and (movie) Planet Outlaws and Buck Rogers (movie version) Destination Saturn, as part of their collection? Which titles are being saught? Which titles are owned by KF? Which titles are they trying to aquire? You can see my delema...
The last Flash Gordon Serial is PD - VCI has a pretty great dvd set on the last serial with some wonderful extras. But any firm that gets the serials for blu ray and dvd restorations would do all three hoping to get the best elements from the studio. I think the great Buck Rogers dvd release from VCI came from Wade Williams although not 100 percent sure on that. http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/review/9548/Buck+Rogers+70th+Anniversary+Edition+1939+VCI+DVD+Set+

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RGG
Recent bookmarks