What's new

Started my sub... enough room for port? (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
After a lot of research, I finally started building my 380L Tempest sub box. I had intended to use a 6 inch port, but with my 24 * 24 dimensions, it might be a little tight to fit in beside the big 15 incher. Should I go with double 4 inch ports instead? Also, is the placement of the 3 inch holes in the crossbrace an exact science? Can I put them wherever? Thanks.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Sure you can go with a pair of 4" ports, but you will have to adjust the length accordingly.

The locations is not an exact science IMO. You can just eyeball the locations if you want. Just make sure that you do get so far off that two holes are really close together leaving a week "ribbon" of MDF.

Dave_Gib

Stunt Coordinator
you could make the port external if need be, or 50/50, it doesn't matter as long as you compensate for the change in volume.

for bracing, just knock on the box, when you hear it resonate in a spot, add a brace there. Add up the displacement of all the material used for bracing of course

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks