What's new

Started eating healthy, but haven't gone to the bathroom. No pain, but.... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I was about 10 pounds overweight (stomach area). I am not a horrible eater, but figured I could do better, so I'm trying. I figured I would try to get a better body, so I started exercising again.

I just have one problem. I haven't gone to the bathroom at all in days since the weekend.

I started eating a diet based on lean meats, some fish (I don't like it. Only eat what I have to.), vegetables, moderate carbs (brown rice, amaranth, buckwheat, oats, some potatoes), a serving or two of fruit a day (mostly berries and citrus as I like those best). Apples too and others. Some nuts. Drink lots of water and some herbal teas for something different. Also, lemon water and seltzer here and there.

I am highly allergic to regular wheat and dairy. I tried to incorporate them in small doses, but it's impossible. I can't mentally function after I eat them, especially straight. The dairy especially causes skin problems for me because I am so allergic to casein (a protein in it). Ironically, I am not allergic to Whey (another protein), which most people into health already know about.

Have had both those allergies since a small child. Moderate allergy to egg. Seems to be ok if it's in something, but can't eat them straight without getting headaches. No other food allegies that I know of (tested 5 years ago).

Anyways, I haven't gone to the bathroom. I have peed normally, but haven't done number 2 in many days.

I have lost some stomach weight already and have no pain whatsoever. No gas, no pain, no smell. Nothing. Gross to disuss, I know. But...

I really don't understand this? I feel no pain (no stomach aches) and don't seem to have signs of any problems. But, this is kind of weird.

Is this normal when switching to a new plan? I am kind of worried that this could cause some problems.

I think I have been doing everything right and I drink a lot of water. Around 2 liters a day. But, this still kind of worries me. Maybe it shouldn't, but I'm just not used to it.

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
No leafy greens?

Eat them every day!

Also, a naturopathic doctor I know recommends taking magnesium to cure constipation. I know somebody myself who had a terrible problem for about 20 years, then started taking magnesium daily, and has never had any problem again, for well over two years now.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Magnesium is in Milk of Magnesia. I would stick with that.
Consider adding a fiber supplement to your diet.

If you have never gone this long without a bowel movement, and especially if you haven't had any gas either, it may be worth a quick trip to the doctor.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not like we weren't warned by the thread title. it was presented in a tasteful way, and you hear more graphic material on your average sitcom.

as far as your problem goes ryan, if it is a problem...i was in a similar situation a few years ago, and i KNEW i had to go to the doctor. it wasnt extreme pain, but i just knew something wasnt right. i'm not saying you shouldnt go, but i'd be surprised if there was something wrong if there was no signs of pain or discomfort. if it continues for a few more days, i'd say something is wrong :)

CJ

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Any major change in diet should be supervised by a doctor, especially if your body starts behaving unaturally.

10 pounds isn't much, you could lose that in water, and you certainly can't target just one area of your body, despite what all the commercials would have you believe. Talk to your doctor or see a nutritionist.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well he did say "since the weekend"--I'm hoping he meant this weekend, and Sunday in particular, which would mean M-W (he hasn't updated the thread since).

Maybe he's too busy BM'ing to update ;)

Best of luck to you, Ryan! If it gets worse--see a doctor.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
coffee works for me! Make sure you are walking amd moving about also.

PhillJones

Second Unit
You could try yoga to stimulate your intenstines, it apparently helps. Walking does too.

Since it sounds like you're a celiac, you may be struggling to get enough insoluable fibre. A fibre supplement, as has already been mentioned, might be a good idea just to get your digestive system moving again until you get used top your new diet.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I'll give you my secret formula that never fails to unclog the ol' pipework.

Eat a big orange, and a generous portion of gummi bears.

The gummi bears act as an internal lubricant, and the fibers in the orange act like a brush. Guarantee to clear you out in no time.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Does it work if you skip the orange, but eat only the orange gummy bears?

What about gummy worms? What if he ate a gummy tapeworm?

-Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm? I wonder if Jelly Beans have the same effect as Baked Beans?

With a few holidays coming soon....how about merging Easter and Cinco de Mayo and make Refried Jelly Beans?

:D Thank you, I won't be here as long as Jeff G.!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks