start up Liquor store manager

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
so I have been toying with the idea of funding the opening of a liquor store in my town. There really is quite few within a reasonable distance. Trouble is - I already have a successful career and I have no wish to work in a liquor store.

I'm thinking there must be a way to get one off the ground with a partner or manager to put in the day to day while I handle to capital and executive duties. Trouble is - I have no idea where to begin to find someone capable. Does anyone here have experience in these regards?

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I don't have any experience per say but what I can tell you is that I inspect a ton of liquor stores for my job, and they are all very very profitable, even the dumpy ones. Good luck to you!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i would imagine the most difficult part is getting the liquor license. will that be a problem for you?

CJ

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I would thik the license would be the easy part because there is a proscribed procedure. Inventory and location etc should be relatively simple. Even hiring staff would not be too much trouble once they are trained.

The trick is the location setup, unpacking of the inventory, the training of staff and operations during the start-up phase. I don't have time for a second full time job - or even a major part time one. I need a dependable manager or partner.

I have a friend who opened a hotel recently. He was able to contract with a management company for the operations of the hotel. Everything from housekeeping to the reservation desk. He does not need to hire, fire, or even show up at the property. He just funded the construction and then pays the management company bill. They take care of the facility and guests. I need something like that for a liquor store...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els