What's new

Start my new job tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
as a fourth grade teacher. Although the kids don't return to school until after labor day, the teachers in our area will be going in starting this week to set up classrooms, take professional development classes, orientation, etc. New phase in my life, especially since my son leaves for college in four days, and my retirement from the Navy becomes official at the end of the month. My pay plus Navy pension will be equivalent of what I was making at the time of my retirement, so my wife and I will still be able to enjoy our home theater at the level we've come to love.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Congratulations, Stephen, and good luck. :emoji_thumbsup: Teachers here reported last Monday and classes begin tomorrow (the 19th).
What are the odds you could slip lessons about OAR film presentation for home viewing into your lesson plan and get the kids off to a good start HT-wise? Nip the Joe 6-Pack syndrome in the bud before the children can be warped by their parents' non-OAR viewing habits... :wink:
On a serious note, once again, good luck. Some of the people I admire most were my school teachers.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Stephen,
Congrats. I always respect and admire the people who teach our young. Lesson No. 1-Black Bars Are Your Freinds :)
Bruce

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
What a small world! I went to Windsor Oaks, and my mother works there now as an ED K teacher.

Adam

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Adam,

Your mom tracked me down a few days ago and told me you knew me through the forum. Small world, indeed!

Today was the first day of school at the Beach. Loads of fun, can't wait until tomorrow!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
And today kids... we are going to learn about the difference between Widescreen and Fullscreen ;)
(a guy can dream, can't he? :D )
Congrats on the new gig! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks