What's new

Starsky and Hutch (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have S1-S4 on dvd and watch it from time to time. I like S1/S2 the best as it had some really good episode. Huggy Bear was very good as well!! I welcome people's thought on some of their favourite episodes!! I like Satan's Witches from S3 along with Kill Huggy Bear from S1. The pilot was neat as well!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have decided to watch a few episodes of Starsky and Hutch again after not watching the show for about few years.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I always enjoy it. First season is a bit more gritty than the others but I always think its a pretty fun show.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I kinda sorta remember it from when I was a kid. I've been able to catch it again on some station on the satellite (there were also full episodes someone uploaded to YouTube.....don't know if they're still there or not) and find it pretty entertaining.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Cozi TV is airing it on Tuesdays, but absolutely no end credits. How can they do that? Isn't that some kind of union violation?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I kinda sorta remember it from when I was a kid. I've been able to catch it again on some station on the satellite (there were also full episodes someone uploaded to YouTube.....don't know if they're still there or not) and find it pretty entertaining.

I'd guess by now youtube had them pulled down.

The one I liked, was the one episode with the vampire. :lol:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
S1 is imho the best season due to fact it was more violent than the following seasons. The network seem to have toned down the episodes after S3 as way to bring the violence down to acceptable level. S4 was a strange season with David Soul growing a moustache that did not suit his character!

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, the episodes that the actors directed in the later season weren't very good. They were doing some experimental television, took risks, artsy neo-noir attempts, I'll give them that, but I can't think of one episode that one of them directed that I really liked. Come to think of it, I think the hide & seek botulism episode of the 4th season was pretty good, I think David Soul directed that one...

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Wvtvguy said:
I always enjoy it. First season is a bit more gritty than the others but I always think its a pretty fun show.
It was my understanding that studio was asked to turn the violence down after S2 as such the plots were less violence. I have watched the pilot a few times as it was done very well! There are some really good episodes over the seasons, especially when something happens to either Starsky and Hutch's character (i.e. shooting, sickness, etc).

The two part segments, especially the boat cruise or LV strangler or other episodes were ok, but could have been much better when it came to either the acting or plot development.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks