What's new

Starship Troopers SE- May 28th (1 Viewer)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I am sick of remasters, I am totally psyched for this release. I remember picking this title up four years ago when it first streeted. It came out the same day as Copland, and it is also the day that I had my new home theater set up. I was absolutely blown away by Starship Troopers, and I still use this disc to demo my equipment when company visits! I don't know how Columbia can improve on this awesome flick, but I can't wait to see them try.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Aside from the fact that Columbia Tri-Star has not issued a press release stating that Starship Troopers:SE is a Superbit Deluxe, I've found some other stuff pointing to that theory that it is just a regular two-disc SE like The 6th Day SE.
Firstly, the two-disc set is scheduled for release the same day as both Hollow Man and The Patriot SP Deluxe sets. Also, the spec sheet for the set on Columbia Tri-Star's press/retailer site only lists a DD 5.1 soundtrack and a $27.95 MSRP. On the other hand, the spec sheets for The Pariot and Hollow Man list the soundtracks as DD5.1/DTS 5.1 and a $28.95 MSRP.
Finally, looking at the release list on the site:
troopersnosuperbit.jpg

It shows Starship Troopers SE as a catalog title and the other two as Superbits.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have to lean on the side of the fence that says these "superbit" disc are a waste of money.

Bought the Superbit version of Bram Stokers Dracula and, while the DTS sounds a bit better than the DD, the video is very difficult to discern over my original copy.

Not really sure if it's worth blowin another $20 for such a small upgrade.

To each his own, I guess.

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
I actually don't think it will be a superbit. I think a lot of sites are reporting that without being sure. One of the things I keep hearing is about a commentary by the composer. Commentary tracks would be in contrary to everything we've been told about the superbit line.

I think it will be a "deluxe" edition like the new "Men in Black" and "Stuart Little" releases.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
If it does turn out that it's not a Superbit, I'll be truly pissed, and Columbia will have officialy earned themselves 2nd place on my shit list, right under Warner. I already have the current release, so I couldn't care about any more extras, just give me a damn dts track and I'll be happy!

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
actually don't think it will be a superbit.

If they put the movie, all by itself, on a whole dual-layer side, with a few commentaries, then it's a superbit, at least compared to the SSSL we got with the original. They might not call it a superbit, but that's what it winds up being. :)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
A DTS track on Starship Troopers would be a nice motivator for me to pick it up, but if it does not include one, then I don't know if I will upgrade, since I don't know how much they could improve the video quality from the original DVD.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
UG. Super-crap. This better not be just a rehash of the original disc with SUPERBIT slapped on the front.
Which SB title has not seen an improved transfer?

Which SB title has not been an improved soundtrack?

Which SB title has been a rehash of the original disc?

I was looking forward to the SB. Enjoy the extras on the current release [as well as the P/S quality]. So, just was excited about picture detail & DTS. Don't know if I can muster another $20 worth of enthusiasm for 'more' extras. Better P/S quality or pass.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Judging from Jeremy's post, it will not be a Superbit after all. I'm satisfied with this, as I'm looking forward to more extra features. The A/V quality on the current version are great, and they will not be any worse on the new version. Glad to see ST finally gets the treatment it deserves! :)

Mark Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Hot damn! I've always wanted them to use the theatrical artwork, and it's clear they have answered my prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks