What's new

Starship Troopers SE- May 28th (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to Link Removed Columbia/Tri-Star is finally releasing the 2-disc Starship Troopers: Special Editon on May 28th. They didn't have any details on specs, but let's just hope it's in widescreen....

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I do know that there will be an isolated music score with a commentary from composer Basil Poledouris (this is mentioned on his website).

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I really enjoy Starship Troopers and own the current release, but I'll most likely get the new version as well. Basil Poledouris recorded that commentary a long time ago so it's nice that the DVD finally has a release date. I can hardly wait to see the specs. :)
Gregory

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
That's great news... I've been holding out on buying the current version since I knew this was in the works.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I'm excited about this one - including the news that Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - The Homefront Campaign and Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - The Klendathu Campaign will also appear that day.

I have the first four volumes, and the last two were very well done. It seems they went the extra effort seeing how well they have sold.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
From DVDFILE:

And on 5/28 comes new two-disc Superbit Deluxe versions of Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers and Hollow Man, as well as Mel Gibson in The Patriot
UG. Super-crap. This better not be just a rehash of the original disc with SUPERBIT slapped on the front.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I do know that there will be an isolated music score with a commentary from composer Basil Poledouris (this is mentioned on his website).
Will it be just about the score or also the songs playing in the movie (Mentionning the artists and stuff like that)? I recently found out that my favorite band has a song playing in it but I never noticed because the last time I saw ST was before I discovered them. Just that makes me wanna see this movie again. I might pick it up. DTS Would be nice too...

has anyone heard whether some of the TV spots will make it on the SE. specifically the ones featuring "Song No. 2" by the group Blur. those were some of the coolest TV spots i've ever seen.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd like to see those TV spots as well... I missed them when I bought the current version 3 years ago.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Cool it's looking to be a superbit deluxe, but of course if it truly is, and Sony stick to their superbit rules, the existing commentary will be thrown out the window and there is no hope for this isolated score.

I'd question if the iso score thing was ever fully going ahead. Someone said Basil did a commentary for an isolated track ages ago? Was this before or after he made the sudden damand to remove the isolated track from Conan?

Dan

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator
Brilliant news another one of my favourites, also one of the first discs I brought.

Is anybody got any idea on price?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to this release. I wonder if there will be commentaries, but if that's not the case I still have the old DVD. I'm excited to see what new features this edition will have.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I'd question if the iso score thing was ever fully going ahead. Someone said Basil did a commentary for an isolated track ages ago? Was this before or after he made the sudden damand to remove the isolated track from Conan?
I hadn't heard about that. All I know is what his website said on February 12th, 2001 (which is quite a while ago, admittedly). Check out Basil Poledouris' website and look at the news page.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Iain,

You can blame film music journalist Ford Thaxton for the lack of isolated score on Conan. It was planned, Basil gave it the ok then Ford stepped in basically explaining the bad side of isolated scores for the composer and record label.

Most composers REALLY don't like the isolated tracks, big reason so few discs have them these days. Composers and the record labels got really angry.

Dan

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
UG. Super-crap. This better not be just a rehash of the original disc with SUPERBIT slapped on the front.
So far, none of Columbia's Superbit discs have been a rehashing of old transfers. I can assure you, this new transfer will look marvelous!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks