What's new

Starship Troopers - new DVD editon!? (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
I own the first release of Starship Troopers. I love it except the sound is mixed terribly. I have a great center speaker and for whatever reason, some of the LFE comes out of it. I can only assume it's the movie and not my equipment.

I heard that they're releasing a 2 disk, special edition version of the movie. Does anyone know if this sound flaw has been fixed? Is this version worth buying? I sure hope so!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've always thought the sound was supurb. Do you have you're center speaker set to "Large" ...I'm not the biggest auidophile around here, but that would cause some of the LFE to come out of the center channel.

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
It's set to small, and it only does it on this movie. Even with the DTS-ES version of The Haunting, no .1 comes out of the center, and that movie has some crazy low frequencies.
Weird. :)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Even with the speaker set to small, the crossover is not a brick wall, it rolls off at a curve. So if there's a lot of LFE in the center channel, some will come out of the speaker even when set to small. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
"You apes want to live forever?!!"

For some reason, this is my most watched DVD. I'm definitely buying the SE!!

Todd

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Count me in as another who will buy the SE. Damn excellent movie.
Peace Out~:D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Starship Troopers with DTS. I think they'll get my money. This one is near the top of my guilty pleasures.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
So not only will this not be a SB deluxe DVD, it also will not have dts? I wish some studios other than anchor bay and to a lesser extent dream works would release more DVDs with DTS ES.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Of all the movies that deserved a dts track, Starship Troopers was no.1 on my list. But no, we get shite like Johnny Mnemonic. By this reasoning, I'd next expect a Superbit deluxe of 'The Net'... and a 2-Disc SE (minus DTS) of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. :thumbsdown:

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
You apes wanna hold on to your money forever?! The DTS track will be heard on the Superbit edition? Buncha apes...

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Shouldn't someone have a review of this one pretty soon? I want to know if there are any new features/ lost features.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed
This gives a listing of the features but doesn't review the quality. My thing is if the additional supplements are like 10 minutes, I won't bother. However, if the "death from above" documentary is a 45 minute content-heavy feature, that is worth the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gto5830