What's new

STARSHIP TROOPERS 2 DVD reviews (1 Viewer)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Don't know about the dvd, but I just watched the movie earlier this evening. Quite frankly in my opinion they can keep the dvd. I mean, ok, I realize that the budget for this movie was a lot lower than the first one, but I'm disappointed in just how obvious that was. And the acting just plain sucked. I think if Dax had really been Zim that might have helped some, but to me, it just seems kinda silly to make a second movie where the only person that returned played a completely different part.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I won't even rent it. The first movie was good, but not enough for a sequel or all of the roughneck movies I see around.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Its a rental at best. Techincally the DVD is pretty good, it was shot digitally and some of the darker scenes lose a bit of detail and the sound is pretty good with the bass a bit overblown.

When people said they went for a smaller story because of budget I was just expecting to see battles on a smaller scale with the bugs but what surprised me was that the filmmakers pretty much made an Invasion of the Body Snatchers / Zombie film. There are only a couple of brief scenes with the bugs that appear in the first film. The script is poor and the acting is terrible, I don't expect to watch this again in the near future.

Some of the gore effects were quite nifty though.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Forget this. I'm waiting for someone to make a true book to film adaptation of Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Until then, forget it. Although I must say that Paul Verhoven's take was quite entertaining, even though it was corny at times. All in all, there will be some accurate to some downright atrocious book to film adaptations however you look at it.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Ray, you might like the TV show Space: Above and Beyond, though AFAIK, it isn't currently playing anywhere and isn't on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks