What's new

Stars Wars Episode 1 DVD nominated already for 5 awards (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Taken from "Video Premiere Awards by Variety's Video Business publication."
The Phantom Menace earned nominations in each major DVD category of the industry awards:
Best Overall New Extra Features –- The Episode I DVD boasts over six hours of bonus material in addition to a newly mastered presentation of the film.
Best Original Retrospective Documentary -- "The Beginning", directed by Jon Shenk, is an hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of source material.
Best New, Enhanced or Reconstructed Movie Scenes –- ILM has crafted newly completed sequences with full visual effects, supervised by Pablo Helman.
Best Audio Commentary –- Accompanying the feature is a full-length commentary by writer/director George Lucas, producer Rick McCallum, editor/sound designer Ben Burtt, animation director Rob Coleman and visual effects supervisor John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires.
Best DVD Menu Design –- The DVD features fully animated immersive 3D menus created by Van Ling.
(all of this from Star Wars Homing Beacon)
Good god I can't wait. I do have the Episode 1 Hong Kong dvd and am still in anticipation for this release.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
OH MY GOD I AM SHOCKED, NO REALLY I AM.
Sorry for the sarcasm, I am not suprised. It does look like a great DVD.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

William Ward

Supporting Actor
It didn't win the "Most EE and Ringing Artifacts Award"?? I thought it was a toss up between this and Cast Away!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs
[Edited last by William Ward on October 05, 2001 at 12:15 PM]

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Directors Edition has also been nominated in four of those categories too:
BEST OVERALL NEW EXTRA FEATURES, LIBRARY TITLE
BEST NEW, ENHANCED OR RECONSTRUCTED MOVIE SCENES - "Star Trek: The Motion Picture -- Director's Edition" - David C. Fein, producer; Michael Matessino, restoration supervisor; Daren R. Dochterman, visual effects supervisor (Paramount)
BEST AUDIO COMMENTARY - Robert Wise, Douglas Trumbull, John Dykstra, Jerry Goldsmith and Stephen Collins - " Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (Paramount)
BEST DVD MENU DESIGN
-----------------------------
Joel

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
They forgot one catagory...
MOST BLANTANT, SELF PROMOTING AD CAMPAINGN, DESIGNED BY THE STUDIOS AND A LEADING TRADE PUBLICATION, DISGUISED AS AN AWARDS SHOW:
Varitey
Video Business
Fox Video
Paramount
Warner
Disney & Affiliates
Columbia/Tri-Star
MGM/UA
While the money raised will be going to a good cause this year, I thought the practaice of payola was outlawed years ago.
At least the Academy Awards aren't quite as underhanded, the public has at least had a chance to see the product... as long as you live in LA or New York.
Daniel L

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I must admit I was surprised to see the nominees, it was like, unreleased, unreleased,....

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I think it deserves those victories
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks